Chapter 10

" Who is Perseus Jackson ? " Mcconagall demanded startling Dumbledore who didn't try to hide his surprise . It has been a day since the attack and Mcconagall knew who had saved Hogwarts. She had seen the same bracelet in Jackson which didn't surprise her , she had already suspected something fishy about him . He is too powerful for a student , he is the most powerful wizard she had taught . Now it confirmed her suspicions . So here she is at Dumbledore's office demanding the answers . 

" Why ? He is just a student " Dumbledore said with surprise in his voice . 

" Student , student . Then please explain why in the name of Merlin's beard yesterday Jackson went rogue against the werewolves " Mcconagall snapped . 

" Minerva listen---" 

" No , Dumbledore I had listened to you every single time . I had even trusted your judgement about the muggles raising Potter . But this is too much, you had seen him slaughter the werewolves with no mercy , Dumbledore. He looked like a demon with a sword " Mcconagall said with a shudder remembering how Percy looked that day . 

" What should I do now Minerva ? " Dumbledore asked with a raised eyebrow . 

" I am sure you know about Jackson . That's why you were not afraid of the werewolves knowing Jackson will be there . Besides that I had noted during every detention Professor Umbridge complained about how some earthquake would occur at her office . I know Potter is not powerful enough , even you couldn't do it . It must be Jackson who did it , I am sure . So please enlighten me how a sixth-year student is more powerful than you , the most powerful wizard to ever live and how can he kill all those werewolves with no mercy? " Mcconagall finished her rant looking at Dumbledore who had not said a single word till now . 

Dumbledore was quiet for a long time before he started to speak carefully " Minerva I can't explain how Perseus is more powerful than me but I can explain the latter question . Before that you must remember Perseus' nobleness and courage. He is the reason why Mrs. Granger and Harry are alive now . Because of Perseus Harry is now in Hogwarts . And you yourself would have seen how Perseus had helped Harry in the triwizard tournament despite himself participating in the tournament " . 

Mcconagall nodded acknowledging what Dumbledore said , it is true she cannot deny it . Without Percy Hermione would have died at the hands of death eaters at the Quidditch world cup and Voldemort would have succeeded in killing Harry . She had always seen him as a laidback student and a loyal friend helping his friends without a second thought whenever he could, if someone would have told her Jackson would be a cold-blooded killer before she would have snapped at them but now she had seen first hand what he could do . That's what bugging her the whole time . 

When she said it to Dumbledore he said with amusement " Minerva you must understand Perseus is like a sea . He can be gentle like sea and at the same time he can be destructive like the sea . I must say your concern is reasonable . If I didn't know about Perseus' life I myself would have thought that ".

" What will make a seventeen-year-old to be like that ? " Mcconagall asked with a puzzled expression . 

" If I say Perseus' life is worse than Harry's will you believe me ? " Dumbledore asked with a raised eyebrow . 

Mcconagall don't know what to answer , she had seen how Harry's life is  . Losing his parents when he was just a baby, growing up with abusive relatives , nearly death experiences. What would could be worse than this ? If anyone would have told this she would have laughed at them but it is Dumbledore , she knew he will never joke about something like this . So what Jackson must have gone through which changed him like this ? 

Once she didn't answer Dumbledore pressed " Believe me Minerva . The word ' difficult' will be an understatement to explain Perseus' life . He had gone through what someone can't even imagine . Despite everything, he is still a man with golden heart. Besides you said about Perseus killing the werewolves with no mercy . So what ,  if he hadn't done that we would have died and the werewolves would have harmed innocent children. No one would have stopped them. You yourself had seen no spell could harm them . It's not like anything we had not done during the first wizarding war . I myself had killed more than I could count . Nearly everyone in the Order had killed intentionally or unintentionally. Otherwise, is it bothering you how a seventeen years could kill? Don't underestimate Perseus based on his age . He had faced difficulties that even grown-up adults can't handle . And  Perseus didn't kill the werewolves, they will simply reappear after a few years. They are different from the werewolves we had seen . Now say Minerva are you going to judge Perseus based on his recent actions even though he had saved Hogwarts from its doom ? "