Chapter 7

" Seriously man what the hell the ministry is thinking " Ron exclaimed after hearing about their suspicion on Dumbledore . 

" Stay quiet , Ron . We don't want Professor toad face to hear about this , do we " Percy said looking around the corridor on their way to the Great Hall for breakfast . 

Percy looked at Harry who was scowling involuntarily at the fourth year Ravenclaws who hurried down the corridor on seeing him . Percy sighed knowing surely this is not going to be a good year . 

Ron looked at Percy and asked " Harry said you controlled the weird goo . I don't know you could control it " . 

Percy sighed " I myself don't know I can control it until then . I will explain later Ron . You know where we can't be heard" . Both Ron and Harry nodded with satisfaction on hearing that while Hermione squeezed his hand knowing how difficult it will be for Percy to speak about it  when he don't know the reason for his increase in power . 

On entering the Great Hall Percy looked at the staff table meeting Dumbledore's baby blue eyes who winked at him with amusement .

 Harry said quietly  "Dumbledore didn't even mention how long that Grubbly-Plank woman's staying,", as they made their way across to the Gryffindor table. "Maybe . . ." said Hermione thoughtfully. "What?" said both Harry and Ron together. "Well . . . maybe he didn't want to draw attention to Hagrid not being here." 

Then a  tall black girl with long, braided hair had marched up to Harry. "Hi, Angelina." "Hi," she said briskly, "good summer?" And without waiting for an answer, "Listen, I've been made Gryffindor Quidditch Captain." "Nice one," said Harry, grinning at her .

"Yeah, well, we need a new Keeper now Oliver's left. Tryouts are on Friday at five o'clock and I want the whole team there, all right? Then we can see how the new person will fit in." 

 "Okay," said Harry. 

Angelina smiled at him and turned to Percy " You know how to play Quidditch " .

Percy shrugged " A chaser for Wampus in Illvermourny " .

" Good . Tryouts are on Friday , remember it " 

" Sure " Percy nodded . 

Angelina smiled at him and departed . 

"I'd forgotten Wood had left," said Hermione vaguely, sitting down beside Percy and pulling a plate of toast toward her. "I suppose that will make quite a difference to the team?"

 "I s'pose," said Harry, taking the bench opposite. "He was a good Keeper. . . ."

"Still, it won't hurt to have some new blood, will it?" said Ron.

 With a whoosh and a clatter, hundreds of owls came soaring in through the upper windows. They descended all over the Hall, bringing letters and packages to their owners and showering the breakfasters with droplets of water; it was clearly raining hard outside.

 Hermione had to move her orange juice aside quickly to make way for a large damp barn owl bearing a sodden Daily Prophet in its beak. "What are you still getting that for?" said Harry irritably, thinking of Seamus, as Hermione placed a Knut in the leather pouch on the owl's leg and it took off again. 

"I'm not bothering . . . load of rubbish." "It's best to know what the enemy are saying," said Hermione darkly, and she unfurled the newspaper and disappeared behind it, not emerging until Percy, Harry and Ron had finished eating. "Nothing," she said simply, rolling up the newspaper and laying it down by her plate. "Nothing about you or Dumbledore or anything."