Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"We are back to the same point "Percy said furiously pacing around the banks of the Great Lake.

"But how? You said Lord Hades himself checked it "Ron said confusedly.

Percy turned around throwing a sharp look at Ron, he said "He did. As soon as the letter arrived Dumbledore and I iris messaged Uncle Hades, he is confused just like us, he even asked Alecto to check the count and not even a single dementor is missing ".

Percy resumed his furious walk running a hand through his hair, he thought they had it, that was the plan. At this time the minister should have been kicked out of his office and presumably Madam Bones must have taken the position. As per Dumbledore if she had become the Minister, she would have rallied the ministry to prepare against Voldemort. This was the plan and additionally may be Umbridge would have been replaced. Everything was going according to it but just at the last moment someone had to change everything.

"So, what should we do?" Harry asked for the first time, he like everyone was confused by the change of events. He noticed Percy stopped his pacing for a moment taking a deep breathe, he turned towards them and said quietly "We must start the defence class as soon as possible. Without the dementor problem the whole focus of Fudge and his goonies will be shifted to Hogwarts. Umbridge will throw everything she has. As per Dumbledore she even try to usurp his position as headmaster".

The last sentence felt like a blow to the trio.

"She really cannot do that, can she? "Hermione asked shakily.

"She is waiting "Percy said bluntly "She and Fudge are just waiting for Dumbledore to make a mistake ".

Percy took a few steps towards them and looked at Harry in the eye. Harry had to lift his neck to see the six one figure.

"You should be careful, Harry. You should not let your anger control you "Percy raised silencing Harry's protest.

"If anyone can understand your anger, it's me. No one accepting what you say, getting afraid of you, avoiding you like a plague, I can understand what you are going through more than anyone. Umbridge will try to manipulate you, she will wait for you to snap. You shouldn't let her do that, if you did the consequences will not only be bad for you but also to those around you".

Harry slowly nodded his head understanding what he said. He wouldn't give her the satisfaction to manipulate him.

"We should go to the common room now. Otherwise, we will be late for tomorrow classes" Hermione said looking at her watch.

Percy nodded absentmindedly walking towards the Great Lake "You guys go first. I will join you ".

Hermione took a step towards him, but Harry wrapped his hand around her wrist stopping her. He shook his head knowing his' best friend's thought.

Hermione sighed resignedly and join the boys under the invisibility cloak but not before throwing a concerned look at Percy.

Percy looked at the sky seeing the constellations Annabeth taught him but the only constellation that will always be in his heart is Huntress, a constant reminder of his failure to save Zoe Nightshade.

He sighed and sat the green grass resting his arms on his knees and looked at the Great Lake. He closed his eyes and listened to the chirping of birds, occasional noise of a few animals from the forbidden forest, the rustling of leaves.

After a moment he opened his sighed softly, he said looking at the river "Hey Dad, I don't know if you can hear me, but I wanted to speak to someone. I thought everything was going according to the plan".