Chapter 12

That weekend was a Hogsmeade weakened. Hermione was trying to recruit students for joining their group ever since Harry admitted to teaching. So here he is on his way to Hogsmeade along with the trio while listening to his girlfriend who has been nearly speaking nearly a hundred words a second making him barely catch up with her. 

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw Ron and Harry trying to suppress their snicker at his expense but to be honest Percy has no problem with this.  He had used to listen to Annabeth's enthusiastic ramblings whenever she spoke about architecture. 

" So where are we going? " Harry asked once Hermione finished speaking. " The three broomsticks ". 

"Oh — no," said Hermione"no, it's always packed and really noisy. I've told the others to meet us in the Hog's Head, that other pub, you know the one, it's not on the main road. I think it's a bit . . . you know . . . dodgy . . . but students don't normally go in there, so I don't think we'll be overheard." 

" But what if considering our luck it is not empty," Ron asked sceptically.

" See you three should have followed my opinion," Percy said triumphantly making the three shout " No" simultaneously drawing some weird looks. 

" Come on --" Percy stated only to be cut-off by an exasperated Harry " No, I will rather shout in front of Umbridge about this idea rather than to again step foot on The Chamber of Secrets ". 

" Oh come on. It can't be bad right without the big snake? " Percy said looking at the three who all stared at him blankly. 

" Percy how about a suggestion? " Ron deadpanned.

" Yes ". 

" Never plan as your plans are always dangerous ".

" Hey my plans are perfectly safe," Percy protested indignantly crossing his arms over his chest.

Hermione tapped her chin pretending to think "I don't know. How about exploding a volcano".

Ron continued " How about swimming in a river which can destroy your soul ".

" How about confronting Lord Voldemort and his death eaters " Harry finished sharing a grin at the other two who were trying not to laugh at his betrayed look.

Hermione patted Percy's cheek playfully with a smirk before dragging him to Hogshead followed by the other two.

Once Percy was inside the bar he noticed it was not at all like the Three Broomsticks, whose large bar gave an impression of gleaming warmth and cleanliness. The Hog's Head bar comprised one small, dingy, and very dirty room that smelled strongly of something that might have been goats. The bay windows were so encrusted with grime that very little daylight could permeate the room, which was lit instead with the stubs of candles sitting on rough wooden tables. The floor seemed at first glance to be earthy, though as Percy stepped onto it he realized that there was stone beneath what seemed to be the accumulated filth of centuries.

" No wonder it is mostly empty " Percy muttered under his breath looking around the bar.

There was a man at the bar whose whole head was wrapped in dirty grey bandages, though he was still managing to gulp endless glasses of some smoking, fiery substance through a slit over his mouth(Percy suspected it as firewhiskey something he will never try even in his dreams). Two figures shrouded in hoods sat at a table in one of the windows; Percy might have thought them dementors if they had not been talking in strong Yorkshire accents; in a shadowy corner beside the fireplace sat a witch with a thick, black veil that fell to her toes. They could just see the tip of her nose because it caused the veil to protrude slightly.