Chapter 1 : Dust

Loui Drakos is a young boy with big dreams. He is 19 and lives away from his parents to continue his career. Loui is a calm and intelligent guy. Stars and space has always fascinated him from his childhood and he always wanted to know more and more about the space. He aims at becoming a scientist like his idol Rahul Rajpal.

It was just another day for Loui he had just came back from his college and was heading to his flat. As he was about to enter, a voice said from behind, "Loui, can you come here for a bit?" It was his neighbour she was an old lady and Loui called her Granny affectionately. Loui replied, "Sure." And entered her house she told her she had received a letter in a language she didn't know she asked if he could tell him what was written in it. 

Loui looked at the letter it was in Greek he wasn't fluent in Greek but knew it to some extent. He tried reading it. It was about some progenitor of humanity stuck in the Antarctic having immense strength and whoever finds it will get superpowers and if ingnored this might be the doom of the receiver. 

Loui told her that it was just a scam someone trying to scare people and there was nothing to worry about, she thanked him for narrating her the letter and said that she had made Currywurst for him specially which was Loui's favourite dish. Loui thanked her for the treat and ate it with her then went to his flat to take a nap.

3 hours Later

Loui had woke and was having a cup of coffee while watching his favorite anime show. Everything is peaceful and Loui felt relaxed, suddenly a tremor shook the floor making dust fly up in the air. The floor was shaking it was an earthquake "AN EARTHQUAKE". Loui rushed to the ground quickly as he was quick and lived on the 1st floor.

He came out safely. His apartment was strong enough to withstand that earthquake. But the building behind his apartment had weakened and was slowly crumbling to pieces. The ancient building was going to fall on his apartment Loui panicked all of his, projects, memories were about to be destroyed.

The old building fell down still in front of his apartment watching the destruction. He stood there frozen.

The earthquake stopped. He deliberately went towards the devastated building. The sirens of ambulances became audible. Louis continued moving forward terrified by the corpses and half dead bodies. He was searching for her granny; she was a sweet lady, she made Loui never feel alone. She was the one who gave him the affection and love since his mother died. Since the first day he came here she had had helped him and treated him like his child. Scolding him whenever he did something wrong and crying whenever he'd get hurt. Louis envisioned her as his own mother.

His heart skipped a beat when he saw Granny dead under a huge pile of rocks. He went near his Grandma, held her hand and screamed in agony. He tried to move her body to safety with all his might. It caused the light rocks to move which in turn had an effect on the larger rocks and the larger rocks slowly slipped out of their places.

All this was happening as he was sobbing, was crushed by the rocks.

The next thing that he knew was in a hospital bed, he looked around. A nurse was sitting beside him. He asked her if they found another body beside his. To his disappointment the nurse replied that they only found a skull and a few limbs, everything else was crushed to the extent that nothing else could be retrieved.

Loui was depressed and felt empty, but there was something which made him dizzy and has continuously bothering him. He looked at his hand, his hand had a tattoo starting from his fingertip to his shoulder.

"Your tattoo looks good on you" said the nurse,

"I didn't pierce it!"

"That's obvious you didn't pierce it but the tattoo artist did."

"NO! I swear I didn't pierce it!"

"Relax Loui you just went through a lot of traumas don't stress yourself too much you'll slowly start to remember everything"

"But Ma- "

"Now get some rest as I tend to the other patients as you weren't the only one who survived... Bye"

The nurse left the room. Loui looked outside of the window and saw a sparrow - a rare sight. He looked at it closely. All of a sudden, his vision went blank before he panicked, he was able to see something but what he saw wasn't normal. He saw millions of figures which looked like the models of atoms he saw in his textbooks they were atoms indeed. He was enjoying the wonderful sight with his mouth wide open. He blinked and in the next moment his eyes went back to normal.

He crawled near the mirror. His iris' color has changed from brown to green and a certain snake like thing was revolving in his eyes, the left eyes' snake was revolving clockwise and the left one anti-clockwise.

Everything went crazy he screamed and a staff came running. "What happened Sir?"

"MY EYES MY JAVE CHANGED SOME TYPE OF BACTERIA HAS ENTERED MY EYES!!"

"Sir what are you talking about you seem completely normal, your eyes have a beautiful green look and nothing else."

Loui replied abruptly, "You Damned Pest of this Corrupted Hospital I'll sue all of you!!"

The staff tried to comfort him, "Sir just get some rest you'd be fine you're just making things up."

"Stooop!!" Loui screamed. 

Before he could think something, his eyes went completely white for a moment. The place changed to a black room with no light source. His eyes felt relieved and he could still see the staff member, he could see him in front of him. He touched him, "hey are you here? Hey..." but as soon as he touched the person the body was destroyed and morphed into dust.

He heard giggles and then a stern voice said, "LOUI DRAKOS YOU HAVE THE DESIRED POTENTIAL FOR THE DRAKOS?"

Loui was filled with fear of the unknown, he turned back and saw a black figure in black clothing with an axe and the next thing he knew was that his head was chopped off by the mysterious figure he was meeting his death yet again. His memories, thoughts, feelings were all being extracted and he was vanishing.