Chapter 11: - The Trial

"Mr. Loui Drakos has been charged with the murder of Mr. Liam Frost, as per the time we'll begin the hearing now." said the Judge and glances at the lawyers and the defendant 'Loui' for a second. 

Starting the trial, the judge asks Loui if he had anything to say to defend himself. Loui does not answer and looks at his lawyer.

"Alright if you don't have anything to say, we'll officially start the trial. Mr. Jonathan lawyer of Liam Frost, you can start."

"My honor, my late client Mr. Liam was returning from the 25th-anniversary party of WREN. He left almost an hour earlier because he had some work to do and Mr. Loui left the party along with him and started following him. After driving for almost 50 minutes, Mr. Liam stopped for some sightseeing near a broken bridge. After some time Loui came there too. They got into a feud of which the context we can't grasp. But in the end, we see Loui threatening to kill Liam. What happens after that still doesn't make sense to us and we'd like to show you my lord the recording itself. So if I have the permit..."

The judge allowed Mr. Jonathan to show the video, the pen drive was given and the video had started.

It had everything uncut from start to end. After the video had ended the judge spoke up, "This doesn't signify Loui had anything to do with the murder. He himself was perplexed and Mr. Loui what were you saving all the time?"

"I have been saving all of my disgust," replied Loui

"Is that really it?.. yes? Mr. Jonathan, what do you have to say about it?"

"I'd like to present to you the only witness of the murder, Liam's driver. May I have the permission?"

"Permission granted."

Then came a man in his 40s wearing a white uniform and went towards the witness box. Mr. Jonathan came near the witness box and started asking him questions, 

"Were you the driver dropping off Liam after the party?"

"Yes."

"Did you witness the murder?"

The driver hesitated and gave a look at Mr. Jonathan, Loui, and the judge, and facing the judge with his eyes closed he said, 

"I- I haveth paid by Liam's corporation to tell the court Loui had murdered Liam but in reality, both of them were threatened with life. A- a strange N-naked lady had killed Liam and went away. I- I have known Mr. Loui for quite some time now and I'm eternally grateful for what he had done to me..." he couldn't complete his statement and broke down in tears.