The Bug and the Fox 1/2

Decided to post this before the big chapter, it was just stuck in my drafts lol-

Thank you, @Riverhusky for the idea!

Kinda Canon, takes place after defeating Hawk Moth, Marinette, Lila, and Adrien have all graduated.

Lilanette

Ladybug's POV.

We...did it...?! We defeated Hawk Moth!! "Chat!! We did it! We- Chat?" I was met by a shocked and sad Chat Noir. He was standing over a knocked out Gabriel Agreste, who was Hawk Moth...

"Chat? Are you okay?" I put my hand on his shoulder, as paparazzi started to surround the both of us. Chat said nothing and shoved past me, stalking off. I frowned, knowing that I should probably and comfort my partner of almost five years. But in the end I just decided to give him some time, I figured that he would want to be alone for the time being. Now to ward off the Paparazzi...

~Timeskip~

It's been a few days since the defeat of Hawk Moth, so there hasn't been much crime in the city. But me and Chat still patrol around, just in case there are smaller criminals. Chat hasn't been talking too much lately, I know I said that we would reveal our identities after the defeat of Hawk Moth, but I feel as if that isn't the case.

I sighed, and walked to my bed in my small apartment, the way my bed was set up reminded me of the bakery. I laughed to myself, remembering my Adrien Shrine. I'm sure Adrien has moved on by now, probably has a nice girlfriend. (Bold of you to assume he's straight Marinette (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵))

After a moment of silence, I decided to go on night patrol. I didn't have much to do anyways, and plus I could now go on being Ladybug for longer periods of time.

After patrolling most of the city, I became bored and decided to go back home for now. But then I heard a scream, I stopped in my tracks and ran towards the sound. Using my yoyo, I swung on a lamppost and arrived at the scene. A young woman with dark brown hair was being stolen from by a thief who looked like he was in his 30's.

"Stop right there!" I yelled out, I used my yoyo to grab the man's hand, he stared in shock and tried to run. I yanked him back and wrapped him up with the string of my yoyo. "T...Thank you..." The woman mumbled. "No, no, it's my job, no need to thank me. And are you alright?" I walked up to her, advancing little by little.

"Yes, I'm okay." She had green eyes, and she reminded me of a past...classmate... "If you don't mind me asking, what is your name Miss?" I asked her. "Lila. Lila Rossi." Once those words left her mouth, I gasped in shock. "You're Lila Rossi?"

"Umm yes, I just said that." She replied. I shook off my remaining shock, and asked her if she wanted, I could take her home. She agreed and soon after calling the cops, we arrived at her home. I didn't know for sure, but I feel like after these few years, I think she has actually changed...

"Umm...Ladybug? If you don't mind I'd like for you to stay over, for dinner? It's the least I could do since you saved me." Lila asked, looking straight at me. "Umm...sure, I have a little bit of time." I murmured. Lila led me through her small home and said that I could do whatever while she cooked.

My earrings beeped suddenly, signaling I had little time before I transformed back. "UH! Lila, do you mind if I use your bathroom?" I asked quickly. "Umm, sure. Down that hall." She pointed towards the left and I made my way quickly over there.

Once the earrings beeped one last time, I de-transformed and a tired Tikki landed in my hands. "I'm so sorry Tikki! I never meant to stay out this late." I whisper-shouted. "Marinette..." Tikki gave a disappointed parent look. "Sorry Tikki, I'll get out here as soon as I can." A knock on the door startled me and Tikki. "Ladybug? Are you okay?" Lila's voice echoed into the bathroom. "Y-yes! I'm fine!" I stuttered.

"I'm coming in..." Was what I heard before the door opened, revealing a very surprised Lila. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng?! What're you doing here?!" Lila exclaimed, her eyes widened. As she slowly pieced everything together, she let out an 'oh' as she looked guilty. "Listen I-" "Please promise-" We spoke at the same time. "You first." She said. "Listen Lila, You need to SWEAR, and I mean swear, that you will never tell anyone my identity. EVER." I exclaimed seriously. "Of course Marinett- I mean Ladybug! I've changed these few years! I'm not like I was in High School..." She replied, hoping that I would believe her. "Alright, I will trust you. But if you spill my secret to anyone, I will need to kidnap you and make sure you never daylight again." I said as seriously as I could muster. She looked bewildered. "A-are you serious?!"

I laughed, "Just kidding," She gave me a look of relief, but I continued. "Or am I?" She looked scared of me again. But we both ended up having a good rest of the night, it was filled with laughter and jokes about highschool here and there. Honestly I really enjoyed her company. It was like she filled a void in my heart.

After a few weeks of hanging out with her, I can't help but feel the way I did around Adrien. It's like in highschool, only stronger, I feel more comfortable around her, and that makes me happy.

~timeskip again~

It's been around a year since I started hanging out with Lila, and my feelings for her have gotten stronger. I'm planning to confess tonight when I go to her house.

"Bugaboo? You listening?" Chat's voice broke me out of my trance. "Huh? Sorry just spaced out.." I mumbled. "You seem happier. What's up with you?" He asked. "Well...I like...someone...And I'm planning on confessing to them tonight." I said with a smitten look on my face. "Oh...Um...Good for you.." Chat sounded sad for some reason. "Chat you okay?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder. "I'm fine." Was all he said before he walked away.

To be continued ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)...