Epilogue

Dartmouth, Devonshire

Rosewood Manor

August, 1860

The warm summer sun was gently kissing the wet blades of grass with its iridescent rays. The gardens were serenely quiet, save for a few birds chirping harmoniously in the trees. The lawns had been freshly cut, and the air was slightly scented with the aroma of lemon verbena and lavender. Rosewood was an idyllic haven of peace and tranquility, until...

"Emily! Stop!"

Only a ripple of melodious laughter was heard in response, as Emily was running through the field to seek the familiar sanctuary of the oak tree. But her husband was quickly gaining on her and this time she couldn't get away. William had caught up to her and looping his arm around her waist captured his wife, tumbling with her onto the ground.

    "I've got you now!" said he triumphantly, rolling atop her and pinning her down.

    "Will you always pursue me with such ardor, Mr. Burton?" asked Emily, smiling up at her gorgeous husband.

    "Always," said Will and lowered his head to place a gentle kiss on her lips. "Now, it appears that I won our bet, my love. And I've outrun and captured you. You know what's going to happen now..."

    Emily felt a quiver of anticipation flutter in her belly. "But Will, we have to get ready. We need to have enough time to go down to the riverfront or else we'll miss the race."

The Port of Dartmouth Royal Regatta took place annually over three days at the end of August. Emily's father used to take her every year, when she was a little girl and now Emily wanted to revive that tradition with her husband.

    "We have at least another hour," said Will, balancing himself over her on his arms. She gave him an inviting smile then and he leaned down to press his lips against hers. Emily kissed him back, passionately, brazenly...possessively.

    "I want you, Emi," said Will, his eyes looking at her hungrily.

    "We're in the middle of a field," said Emily, attempting to twist away from under him.

    "Now, Emi..." said Will, and kissed her again, setting her insides on fire.

    Emily felt herself melting under his every touch. Soon he disposed of her bodice and was feasting on her exposed breasts. Emily closed her eyes and moaned her pleasure.

    "I love you so much," he whispered heatedly, as his hand slid up her skirts.

    Emily felt the burning of desire seize her then...she wanted, needed, sought his touch. And Will obliged. Teasing her with his exquisite tenderness and making her melt with his deliberate caresses. His every touch, and every word, made her want him more and more. She wanted to be taken by him, time and time again...to be claimed and branded as his alone.

    "Will," she whimpered, "please make love to me...I need you...please, come inside of me now..."

    But he continued his sinful torture, stoking the flames of blazing desire within her.

    "Tell me..." he rasped, as he continued his sensual touch.

    "Anything," breathed Emily...her eyes closed, drinking in every sensation.

    "Tell me I am your master, and I can do with you what I will," said Will, sliding his finger inside of her. "Do you submit?"

    Emily's eyes flew open. Her look was a combination of ignited fury and smoldering lust. Will gave her a devilish smile, as he stroked her. She moaned, lolling her head from side to side.

    "Tell me," said he, inserting a second finger inside of her. "And I will give you what you want..."

    Emily wanted to cry from frustration...she wanted to smack him and make love to him all at the same time. He began withdrawing from her...and she whimpered with protest.

    "Oh, god...please, Will...don't stop..."

    William knew he was being unpardonably cruel...but to hear her say those words...

    Perhaps he wasn't being convincing enough. Will leaned down and kissed her neck, tickling her tender skin with his warm breath. He balanced himself on one arm over her as his other hand went to the buttons on his trousers, releasing his bobbing erection.

    He focused his gaze on her hazy one and guided the silky head of his shaft into her, but pausing just at the opening.

    Emily's eyes were mutinous. "If you don't finish what you started, Burton, as god is my witness, you shall be very sorry..." her nails dug into his shoulders as she urged him on.

    Will realized then that there was nothing he could do; it was he who would have to submit. It turned out even William Burton's sexual prowess was no match for the Summerset pride. All Will could do was enjoy placating his wife.

--#--

They never made it to the river bank that day, but stayed in the field for what seemed like hours, lying naked in hedonistic rapture under the warmth of the summer sun. It was one of the most memorable love-making sessions of their young married lives...and for good reason too, pricelessly nine months after that glorious August afternoon, their first child was born.  

 A Night at the Opera

All Rights Reserved