*sixteen*

For the past few minutes all I could do was stare at Ruy and he holds my gaze

For the past few minutes all I could do was stare at Ruy and he holds my gaze. "Well, I'm downright speechless." I run a hand through my now long dark blonde hair and he gives a small smile, "Well you shouldn't be, it was quite obvious. Are you still that oblivious?" He says with a light laugh, I shake my head. I don't know whether to laugh or punch his arm, I know, violent right.

"How long?" His azure eyes widened, he clearly wasn't expecting me to ask that, "Since we were kids." He looks embarrassed and in an old habit I open my mouth, "Oh, and how many years was that?" He gives me that look that says 'And this was why I never told you' and scrunches his face up. "You were eight and I was ten."

My jaw hit the floor, "You've liked me for ten bloody years?" He covers his face, "If I say no will you believe me?" I give him the 'I don't know' gesture and he smiles--his face still covered and I tried so hard not to swoon like Biana and Linh would have done. "Well it's the truth, while part of me always liked you when you were wiped from our memories...you can guess the rest." I nod my head and smile thinking of something funny to say.

"Well, Grady and Edaline think I'm pregnant. That couldn't be farther from the bloody truth." We continue our staring contest until I hear a door slam and my eyes widen, "They're home. Ruy you need to leave, unless you want to get hit over the head with a bat by Grady." I shove his chest to get him moving and snap open the portal, shoving him in as he plants his feet and I groan in exasperation. "Ruy you need to leave."

He grabs my shoulders, "Come with me, you don't belong here, you belong with us. You were taken from us, we are your real family." I shake my head, close my eyes and smile, pulling his forehead down to meet mine. "Not yet. Something is going on and I plan to get to the bottom of it before I go home." I move my face close to his, our lips inches apart. But right before they touch, I push him back now and watch as he falls through the void, I start laughing at his shocked face. "Haha. Not fucking funny."

***

After taking a shower it was already around seven fifteen--the paint was a horror to scrub off. Going down to the dining room I spot the Black Swan with the rest of my friends, I shoot a questioning look at Tam, but he shakes his head. I look at Biana and there's an evil smile on her face, but it turns to a frown when she sees that I took a shower, "You took it off," I roll my eyes, "Well no shit, I looked like a damned doll. And be right back, I'm not in proper clothing."

I changed into a light orange and tacky dress, the main thing is that it's comfortable though.