-𝙒𝙖𝙛𝙛𝙡𝙚 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚-
I swing open the door only to be greeted by the smell of bacon and homestyle grits. I get a booth in the back underneath the old flickering light, seeing as it's away from the commotion of the early rush hour and nearest to the bathroom, since Zero has the bladder of an actual infant.

As he shows me videos of some gaming highlights i hear the bass of my older brother Koa's Ford F-150, my heart drops.

I haven't talked to him since our big fight 3 months ago, this is the first time we've been in close proximity since he moved in with his girlfriend, Dylan. Her name alone makes my skin crawl.

I hear the bell at the top of the door sound followed by the staff greeting him and praising him on his big win at last night's game.

Did I mention he's THE star athlete in my school, my towns "saving grace" for every game. At least that's what they say in the papers.

"Z, Look there's Koala! Can I go say Hi?" he says shaking with excitement.

"Fine but don't bring him over here, he still owes me an apology."

I watch Zero run over and hug Koa and Dylan's legs, I can see Dylan making a smug face at my brother, MY LITTLE BROTHER. The amount of strength it took for me to not get up and slap the bleach out her hair is unbelievable.

I turn and put my earbuds in to listen to music while reviewing the menu, that was until I felt my hood beginning removed from my head. I roll my eyes before turning around.

"What, you too good to come say hi to me now?" Koa says with his dimply smile.

"No, I didn't even notice you came in I'm listening to music see." I say shaking my tangled wire with a smirk.

"Riiight.." he says back with sly look.

For some reason no matter how much I try and stay mad at my brother it never seems to last, I really wanted to try and not talk to him after he left me to take care of my brother AND mom alone but honestly if I had the opportunity to leave I'd take it too.

I really just hate the fact Dylan made him choose between her or us, even though he chose both I could still tell she's still feeling bitter about it because I can feel her glaring at us from across the restaurant.

Koa then grabs one of my earbuds and puts it in his ear.

"Damn, even though I left, you still can't shake my music taste, huh?" he says punching my arm.

"What? No! I found this song way before you did!" I'm lying, he's always had better music taste then me. But I'll never let him know that.