Millions of thought circled my brain as tears jet out my eyes. I'm apply pressure to her head but the bleeding won't stop. My hands and clothes have blood all over them, but Zero finally comes down with a towel and wet rag.

I usher him to reach into the netting of my book bag and to take out my phone.

"Go into the kitchen and call 911, ok?" I say frantically as I dab her forehead with the rag.

Before he reaches the kitchen someone barges into the front door. It was my neighbor, Nancy, she must've heard us fighting in the front. Our eyes met then her gaze went to look at my mother that now laid on the floor.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?" she says rushing to my mothers side pushing me out the way.

Nancy never liked me, her and my mom would get high together everyday. When she did she always talked about how I ruined my mother's life and how I was the reason my mom stopped loving her children.

Which wasn't true she stopped loving us cause she found something else that she loved more, drugs. Anyway of all the people I wanted to walk in, it damn for sure wasn't her.

But in that moment I only had a split second to think, it's like the world slowed down as I watched Nancy giving my mother CPR and my brother in the doorway crying.

So I did what any idiot would do, I pick my book bag off the ground, picked up my brother and ran out the house and down the street. I couldn't say why I did it, I don't know if it was to save my brother from seeing that. Or if it was to save myself, but I ran and didn't look back not even once.

"What the fuck did I just do?"