Day 4: conflicting thoughts

(Y/n)s pov:

I stretched my arms as I woke up, wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I checked the time.

6:46, not bad..

I turned my head to look at Desna, I smiled at the scene, the small amount of early morning sunlight framed his face.

I sighed happily and got up, after I had finished getting ready I turned to Desna, he was still asleep.

It would be fun to roam around the town..

I wrote a small note to explain to Desna where I was.

Dear princy,
I hope we didn't have anything to do today because I went out to look about the town
I'll be back by 10
Your dearest (y/n)

I left the note on his bedside table, I got the urge to touch him, I shifted his hair as to not be in his eyes, my heart skipped a beat.

I bent over to give him a kiss on the forehead. As my lips came in contact with him his eyes opened.

I jumped, falling backwards onto the carpet, Desna had a shocked face, "ILL BE BACK LATER" I yelled running out of the room, grabbing my bag at the door.

Desna's pov:

"Wait!" I yelled out stretching my hand as she closed the door. I placed my hand on my forehead, did she kiss me? Why did she kiss me...

I got up and read the note she left me. "10, that's a bit much" I muttered looking at the clock that read 8:30.

Was I missing her....no I'm simply going to follow her to get her to explain why...

I got dressed and made my way out the door, I looked around the lobby of the hotel, no sign of (y/n).

She probably went to a philologist to translate that ring...

I walked out to the main street, it was crowded and somewhat claustrophobic. I looked around at all the stalls.

My eyes locked onto a fire nation antiques shop. I made a b-line towards the shop.

The shop smelled of incense and spices, the walls were covered in red and gold tapestries, the depicted great battles that featured dragons and serpents.

"Sir, are you looking for something in particular" a tall skinny man asked walking over to me. His hair was grey and he had a long fu manchu beard.

"No I've just been looking for someone, who may have came through here" I said backing away from the man.

"Would you like to have your cards read" he asked holding out a tarot deck in his hands. I stepped back.

"Uh no thank you, I'm just looking for a girl, she has (h/c) hair, (e/c) eyes and she's about (your height)" I said describing (y/n).

"Your lover?" He asked me raising one of his eyebrows. I tensed up.

"N-no shes just a body guard" I said slightly dejected. He raised one of his grey eyebrows.

"Boy, sit down, I'll split the deck" the old man said sitting down on an old table. I agreed with a sigh knowing he probably wouldn't stop asking. He split the deck then started shuffling them.

He placed down three cards face down on the table. "Pick one" he said gesturing his one of his bony fingers to the cards.

"Um this one" I said pointing the left card.

"The nine Of pentacles, your lonely and used to being guarded by brutes and not friends, your very emotionally unstable" he said revealing the card, it's was all black with the details painted on in gold.