Chapter 24: New complications

Currently, it is in the middle of the night. Sleeping in his bedroom, Akiri is tossing and turning around on his bed as he is sweating and breathing harder and harder.

Akiri: AHHH!!!

Akiri's eyes shot open and he shouted as he jolts up awake, clutching his bedsheets in cold sweat and breathing heavily.

He looks outside the window to see that it was still dark.

Akiri: (thoughts) Another nightmare, huh...?

It has been about a year since the events of Sword Art Online and Alfheim Online.

A lot has happened in that time.

But most notably, is that Akiri has been experiencing an increasing number of nightmares over the past few months. All of the nightmares have only one thing in common. It was about the things that he had done back in Sword Art Online.

Akiri: ...

With a sigh, he lied back down on his bed to try to fall back to sleep.

(Timeskip)

The next morning, Akiri is putting on some clothes while sitting on his bed. He then puts on his favourite red jacket before getting on his wheelchair and he went to the garage where Alexander is waiting in front of the car.

Alexander: Ready to go, sir?

Akiri: Yeah. Let's see what he wants

He then got into the black Rolls Royce SUV and Alexander puts his wheelchair in the trunk. Alexander then got into the driver's seat and drives off.

Akiri: Al, put on some Queen

Alexander: Yes, sir

Alexander turns on the entertainment console and a song started to play.

(Timeskip)

They then got to their location which was a restaurant and he then went in and up the elevator. The elevator door opened and he went into the restaurant to hear his name being called by someone.

???: Hey Akiri! Over here!

Akiri looked over at the person who called him and it was a familiar man wearing a business suit, Kikuoka Seijirou from Internal Affairs.

The man waves over to him with a smile and Akiri just sighed before going over towards the table.

Kikuoka: I'll pay, so order whatever you want

Akiri: How very kind of you

Kikuoka: Oh, don't be so formal. Just talk to me like you would in ALO