Chapter 35: Old acquaintances...

Currently, Akiri is being driven by Alexander, heading towards a location which he had been told to go to a few days prior.

It has been about over a week since the events of GGO reached its conclusion. Since then, things have started to settle down once again for Akiri as he prepares himself for his surgery to heal his legs coming in a couple more weeks.

However, a new issue arises for the boy as he has been suddenly called by someone he hadn't seen ever since SAO.

After a while of driving later, the black luxury SUV then stopped at the side of the road, right across a small restaurant.

Alexander: Is this the place, sir?

Akiri: Yeah

Finding an empty parking spot, Alexander went and stopped the car. He got out and walked to the passenger side door to help Akiri get into his wheelchair.

(Timeskip)

Akiri went into the restaurant and searches through the other customers while traversing through the tables with his wheelchair.

It didn't take long until he found the person he is looking for, sitting at a table on her phone. It is a girl with short brown hair and blue eyes, wearing a blue hoodie over a green blouse.

As he approaches her, the girl noticed him and did a double take as she got a closer look at his face.

???: Akiri? Is that you?

The girl stood up from her seat and moved towards the boy, slightly in surprise at the sight of him being in a wheelchair.

Akiri: Yep, in the flesh. Good to see you too, Kotone-san

She could barely believe it, but the boy in front of her is undoubtedly the friend she knew back in SAO, the very one who had saved her life by risking his. A debt she could never repay.

Kotone: No, no, drop the honorifics. I think we know each other well enough to call each other by our first names

Akiri: Got it

Kotone: Come on. You want to order something?

They then got back to her table with Akiri sitting across from the girl known as Kotone. The boy had ordered a can of soda to drink while he explained to her why and how he ended up in a wheelchair.

Akiri: ...And that's pretty much what happened. I got stuck in this wheelchair ever since

Kotone: I see... It must be hard for you

Akiri: Yeah, it was. But I've gotten over that for while now. And I'm actually going away to get surgery done to fix my legs, so...

Kotone: That's good. I wish you all the best for your recovery

Akiri: Thanks

He took a sip of his drink for a brief moment before continuing.

Akiri: So, anyway. What is this "important business" you're talking about?

Kotone: Right, I'll get to the point then. It's this...

She then pulled out her phone and opened it to show an online article. He then took the device as he began to read the article on the screen and nodded his head as he read along.

Akiri: Uh-huh... So someone finally found the location of the Holy Sword Excalibur in ALO...

Kotone: I actually was one of the first who found the location sword a few months ago. I've been eying it for a while now

Akiri: You're not using daggers anymore? It's unusual for you to be interested in longswords

Kotone: No, no. I'm just interested in the fact that it's a legendary weapon. I mean, come on, it's the Excalibur! It's like the holy grail of lost treasures