Chapter 28: Regrets

Currently, it is the day of the Battle Royale tournament in GGO. After what had happened the day before, Akiri didn't get the luxury of a peaceful sleep. How could he, when all he sees are the people he slaughtered every time he closes his eyes.

Ever since he woke up, his mind kept wondering about the small exchange he had with the masked man from yesterday.

(Flashback)

???: Are you the real thing?

???: With that name... that fighting style, that red sword and red outfit... Are you the real deal, or what?

???: Whether you're a fake using his name or the real one

???: Whether you're a fake using his name or the real one... Someday, I'll kill you...

(Flashback over)

He searches through his memories again, trying his hardest to remember who the masked person was, trying to remember his name. He knew that the person was in SAO. He knew he had encountered the person before. But he couldn't recall anything no matter how hard he tried.

Akiri: Who the hell are you...?

He muttered as he released a sigh and he got into his wheelchair.

Akiri: (thoughts) No matter. Whether I remember his name or not, my objective doesn't change...

With that, he puts on a black jacket over his red shirt and he went to the garage where Alexander is waiting to drive him to the hospital.

(Timeskip)

Currently, Akiri is in the same hospital room as yesterday. Aki was already waiting for him when he entered the room and he silently made his way towards the bed.

Aki: What's the matter, kiddo?

She asked, breaking the silence as he was about to climb onto the bed and the boy didn't answer as he kept looking down. Aki then helped him up and she sat next to him on the bed.

Aki: You have a scary look on your face

Akiri: It's nothing... I'm just... thinking...

Aki: This is your chance to get free counselling from a hot nurse. Come on, tell me what's wrong