Chapter 1: Losses

(Third person POV)

Currently, a 13 year old black haired boy wearing a red hoodie is seen on the sidewalk.

He is currently doing some stretches and warming up before taking a deep breath. He then started to move.

After a while, he then stopped on a rooftop of a building and saw the view from above. He took a deep breath and exhaled. A smile was seen on his face.

Akiri: This never gets old

He took a moment to appreciate the view from above. He then started to make his way home. He went down by using the door that leads to the stairs inside the building. Once he reaches the bottom, he exited the building and went further ahead. He then looked back up towards the building which has a big sign at the front of it.

"RCT Inc"

(Timeskip)

Once home, he was greeted by a tall man with grey hair wearing a black suit. His butler that works there to take care of him and he was speaking in English with a slight accent.

???: Good afternoon sir. Have you been doing your routine morning run again?

Akiri clears his throat and started to also speak fluent English.

Akiri: Yes, I have

???: *sighs* I won't give you another lecture about how what you are doing is not safe for the hundredth time. Just make sure you are being careful sir

Akiri: I know. Thanks Alexander

The butler known as, Alexander just nodded. Akiri then went upstairs and took a shower and put on a fresh set of clothes. He then walked into his bedroom, which is also the master bedroom of the house. The room was huge with a queen sized bed placed against the wall. In front of the bed, a massive 100 inch TV on the wall.

The room was fairly clean even though he insisted his butler that he cleans his room by himself. He went to lie on the massive bed and grabs the TV remote from his nightstand which was beside his bed. He then turns on the TV and went through the channels until one caught his eye.

Reporter: The first VRMMORPG, Sword Art Online is set to be having a closed beta test in summer, next year. It is said that only a total of 1000 players are fortunate enough, to be able to be invited. Applications are now open to the public through the official Argus website and will be closed next week

Akiri: VRMMORPG, huh?

He pressed a button on his nightstand and after a while, Alexander came into the room.