Chapter 29: Battle royale

The third Bullet of Bullets is now underway.

Akiri opened his eyes and looked around to see that he is teleported to a forest area. Tall trees, shrubbery and plant life surround his every direction.

Akiri: (thoughts) As much as I want to send some scrubs to the Gulag, I can't waste my time fighting unnecessary fights...

He thought as he immediately went on the move, not wasting any more time standing around as he went on to try and find his target.

Akiri: (thoughts) I need to track down Death Gun as soon as possible. Before he could harm any other people...

His mind started to wander again, recalling his memories from SAO. The sight of him seeing a player die for the first time. The memory of him failing to save a life...

He shook his head from side to side rapidly, trying to focus on the present as he then pats his cheeks.

Akiri: Focus. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. They can't hit what they can't see. Let's do this!

Meanwhile, most of the players had already gotten into an engagement. The sounds of gunshots and occasional explosions from grenades echoes throughout the tournament map.

The crowd watches from their screens as the battles and gunfights unfolds as the tournament is broadcasted live by MMO Stream.

(Elsewhere)

Currently, the blue-haired sniper, Sinon is seen leaning against a tree with her map opened in front of her, giving her a top-down view of the terrain around her. White dots are scattered around, indicating the location of a player.

 White dots are scattered around, indicating the location of a player

Sinon: (thoughts) Twenty-one survivors left

She zooms in on a set of players to see a player named Dyne being chased by Pale Rider.

Sinon: (thoughts) Looks like Dyne is being chased

She then looks to the west of her location to see a player named Lion Richie.

Sinon: (thoughts) Richie's got a machine gun so he won't move. Going after Dyne and Pale Rider would be the better choice

A countdown then started on the map signalling that the satellite's assist is about to end.

Sinon: (thoughts) I wonder how he's doing out there? Is he still alive?

Her mind wanders off, seeing Akiri's face in her mind and she then immediately shook her head.

Sinon: (thoughts) I don't care about that jerk!

Her map then turned off as she then ran off towards where she last saw her targets.

She then lies down on a hillside, overlooking a bridge to see that Dyne is lying down on the road, aiming at the opposite side of the bridge with his rifle.