6 | like

☘☘☘

☘☘☘

more weeks have passed.

you were a bit miserable because you and albedo didn't have any improvement in relationship or whatsoever, it was always small talks or so.

but you have joined the fencing club, along with kazuha. who knew kazuha was that certain club's president.

but anyway, things in your life had been going along pretty normally.

not until you have yet again been a part of your stupid friend's schemes.

you found out that albedo was a former member of that club. but he unfortunately left because he wanted to focus on his own research, according to kazuha.

and today, while eating lunch with one of the members, you got a new message. again and again and again. it was making a notification noise repeatedly.

you panicked because your two friends have been staring at you now. you immediately shoved the phone in the bag after putting it on silent mode.

"oho, a clingy textmate?" kaeya said, looking at you smugly. keqing, who finished eating early, glanced at you casually with a book in one hand.

"is someone bothering you?"

you grinned sheepishly. "no? uh..."

how do you answer properly when you didn't even look at who messaged you? you didn't know what to say, that is until the club president scolded them.

"guys, i'm sure (y/n) can handle this. don't pressure her into answering,"

kazuha said as he stared at kaeya meaningfuly, who was obviously curious and waiting for your answer. kaeya just let out a sigh and looked away, a smirk on his face.

"ah, fine." he blurted out.

"(y/n), you can go answer those messages if you want to. i'll look after your lunch." kazuha smiled at you, while the two other club members looked at kazuha smugly.

with this, you went outside with your phone and thanked kazuha. "thank you!"

not long after you left, kaeya nudged kazuha. "oh. heh, do you like her? you're pretty nice to her."

"he's nice and polite to almost everyone, kaeya. just not to you because he can't take you seriously, dimwit. also, (y/n) is his friend." keqing kept on reading her book, while kazuha just sighed and nodded.

"i like her, but not in that way. i'm far too inexperienced in these aspects and i have little interest and time in creating experience with it." kazuha stated calmly.

☘☘☘

meanwhile, you were outside the door, scrolling through your messages.

☘☘☘

comrade

hey

yo

hey hey

yooooohooo

im bored

hello??

(y/n)??

oh wait wait lightbulb

can i give ur number
to albedo

hey

hoo

if u don't respond in three
seconds im giving it to him

three

two

one

okayyy

im giving it to him

I DID IT

SORRY

sorry don't be mad 😄

it's coz yall not
doing anything

i dont want slowburn
this is getting boring

its almost a month

make a move, ur both
obv inlove with each
other smh

ok enjoy ur welcome

☘☘☘

you sighed. you wanted to break your phone in half, but gladly enough, albedo has not sent you a message. but now you will live in constant anxiousness, worrying if he will ever go text you anytime.

that was until you received a notification right at that moment, before you could even reply to childe.

unknown

(y/n)?

this is albedo. childe
gave me your number.

(y/n)

oh, hi albedo!

sorry for childe's
behavior :,)

[ set contact name : albedo ]

[ contact name set! ]

albedo

good afternoon, (y/n) :)

it's okay, i don't
mind.

(y/n)

are you busy?

albedo

not really. i'm just
waiting for the next
class.

how are you?

(y/n)

ah, i'm good (◍•ᴗ•◍)

hbu??

albedo

i'm completely fine, thank
you for asking.

i have to go now, class is
starting.

(y/n)

you take care too!

goodluck

:)

☘☘☘

it was a plain conversation. but progress, right?

that certain day, you ended up not being mad with childe. he was extremely relieved by this, because you really didn't hesitate in punching him when he did something dumb.

but this... was a good decision. who knows, maybe this is the part where you both get closer?

☘☘☘