14 | sober

you panted, a sword in one hand. you were currently sparring with kaeya, and somehow, it was tiring you out. he was aggressive but good with dodging, so your match with him lasted a bit longer than the others.

in the end, you won. but, you poked his one eye accidentally while putting away your sword after the match. you both ran to the infirmary and it wasn't actually something serious. nevertheles, you were still so apologetic about it.

"i'm so sorry, kaeya. how can i make it up to you..."

he walked beside you in the hallways, one eye covered with an eyepatch. he shrugged his shoulders.

"it's not that bad. but if you do insist, are you really willing to do anything to make it up to me?"

you shook your head. "not anything, but just something that is within my capabilities."

he chuckled, letting out an airy laugh. "i see. then, let me tag along with you all day in school. i have nothing better to do, and i want to see how a diligent student does work,"

you squinted at him, raising your eyebrows. you couldn't read what he was thinking, so you just sighed.

"odd request, but fine. but don't bother me, alright?"

---

you gulped, nudging kaeya's foot.

ayato cleared his throat, and glanced at you. "and... who might this be?"

you were currently in a meeting as class representatives, and ayato, the acting president, was looking at kaeya so harshly. he wasn't a member of the student council, nor a class representative.

keqing coughed, trying to get attention. "alright, just ignore him, people. we'll deal with him later,"

the meeting went on as planned, and after the meeting, you and kaeya were given a warning. after apologizing, you both bickered in the hallway. it was lunchtime, and a lot of students were around.

"i told you, don't follow me inside! you can tag along, but not literally."

"why? people there were so cool, plus, all the more info about what the student council is up to. that was what i wanted to know," he nonchalantly said, all cool even after the warning.

"well, i'm not cool with this. if you you buy my lunch, i'll still allow you to tag along."

he agreed. free lunch, yay. thanks to his mischief.

coincidentally, you met up with childe, and you three ate lunch in childe's classroom. they were both very talkative, and you just gave random remarks here and there. you couldn't reall relate to their talk about school fights and other people's business. but you got a little enthusiastic when kaeya mentioned fencing again.

after that, your day went on as usual. but with kaeya around. at the end of the school day, you headed to the laboratory to meet a certain someone.

you entered the laboratory. it was empty, and kaeya was just following you, looking around.

"huh, not here..." you mumbled.

"what's this?"

kaeya skimmed through books, picked up bottles of chemicals, test tubes, just literally anything he could get his hands on. you slapped his hand, taking the test tube.

"don't touch it! don't touch anything, and get out. he's not here." you sternly pushed him away, placing the stuff back to their original places.

"you mean albedo? i think he's in the art room."

"right. let's check, then. now get out,"

you pushed him out of the laboratory, closing the door again. you both headed to the art room, and no, albedo wasn't there.