7 | little sister

☘☘☘

☘☘☘

another month passed by, and you were still casual friends with albedo. you learned a bit more about him, seeing that he likes sweets, and he's good at both studies and art.

today, you were walking with childe to the preschool, to fetch his little brother teucer.

"i almost flunked the exam! my grade was literally the exact passing mark, (y/n). and i didn't study! can you believe it?" he exclaimed. childe himself was probably the most surprised of his own capabilities.

"that's why you should be more responsible. you're not always that lucky, but congrats." you said in a monotone voice. today was quite a tiring day.

"your exams come next week, right? did you study?"

"uh..."

you nervously blinked at him, shaking your head. "nah."

and there you both stopped in front of the preschool, where a lot of the kid students were running outside to meet their older siblings, maids or parents.

"big brother!"

teucer came running to childe, jumping on his leg. childe patted his
head, laughing. "did you miss me, teucer?"

"yes, yes!"

you sighed. it has been like, ten hours, but they act as if they didn't see each other for three decades.

"wow, you sure don't look like you love your brother a lot..." you muttered under your breath, while they had a dramatic reunion after being separated for ten hours.

"hi, teucer. how was school?" you asked casually.

"good! but the teacher said he wanted me to bring big brother to her before going home. about... uh... aha! test scores!" he recalled, beaming at you.

you raised your eyebrows at him. no way you were going to go inside there with them.

"well? go ahead, guys. i'll wait here."

they both ran off hand in hand to find the teacher. teucer was an okay child, he's quite fun and occasionally, he's a good cute child.

you looked up at the sky.

it was painted a hue of orangey pink, a signal that it was already sunset. the chatterings of kids could be heard around, as well as the faint roars of the engine of vehicles from outside. ah, so this is what after school feels like. your thoughts were interrupted when you felt something pull your unuform blazer.

"u-um... hello? have you seen my brother?"

a kid tugged on your sleeve. you crouched down to the level of the kid, who looked like she was crying.