12 | stay

albedo.

albedo, albedo.

the only person in your brain right now.

you ate bread in the morning, your hair messily perching atop your head.

does albedo like bread? does he also wake up with really messy hair?

you wrote down notes because there was a math quiz tomorrow.

does albedo like math? or is he just more of a science guy? either way, he's actually really good at math. imagine if we studied math together...

you crashed your head onto your table, wanting to scream. how do you get him out of your head?

maybe talking to him would help?

you picked up your phone to dial his number. but somehow, you really can't. your hand only freezes before you could actually figure out what to say.

this was all because of that confession. you really, really, adored him. you were thinking if he already ate, if he slept well, and if he was taking csre of himself. you were curious, but you had no right to know what he was exactly doing. you didn't own him.

you both made it clear that you two wouldn't be committed to each other. that you guys should focus on studying first because college was coming in less than a year, and you had to prepare.

the best way to describe your relationship was probably that you guys were more than friends, less than lovers. for now, that is.

---

"what are you planning to do, childe?"

the ginger was sitting in front of you, twirling a pen in his fingers. sighing, he shrugged his shoulders. you were both eating lunch with zhongli and you guys ended up talking about college.

"an astronaut... i always wanted to do that. i know i'm not really the studious type, but i still want to do it." childe explained determinedly, eyes gleaming. zhongli nodded, a hand on his chin.

"i see. how about you, (y/n)?"

"law." you answered quietly, eating.

"law?"

"yes. i'm taking psychology as a pre-law course, then i'm going to law school,"

zhongli smiled at you. "that's a nice dream. you'd make a good lawyer."

"you think so? thank you," you smiled, while childe elbowed zhongli.

"what was that, she gets a nice comment while i don't?" childe jokingly said, while zhongli took ahold of his shoulder sternly. childe's eyes widened, dropping his spoon.

"my friend, you know you're a great person. you possess such confidence and intelligence that makes you-"

"man, stop it! you're going overboard," childe complained, prying zhongli's hands off his shoulder. zhongli laughed, messing with childe.

while they laughed and bickered, you couldn't help but wonder. what was albedo going to take in college? what were his plans? well, the only way to know was to ask.

you visualized talking to him, and usually, after a heartfelt confession, you would think it's awkward. but albedo was always straightforward and open-minded. you wouldn't think that it would be a bit awkward. he had a knack of making you feel at ease.