8 | rest

☘☘☘

☘☘☘

"you've been looking very stressed lately. what's wrong?"

albedo nudged you. this week, you had research classes and your class merged with childe's class in the mean time. christmas break just finished, and nothing special happened. it was just really cold.

you fortunately sat beside albedo in the computer lab, and he was also your partner. well, that was because you approached and asked him to be your partner.

your relationship with him was making a bit of progress, based on your observations. he sometimes even texts you a good morning and good night and even eats snacks with you after school or during breaks.

right now, class just ended, and only you and albedo was left in the computer lab. he was still making a few changes in his document, while you were almost falling off of your chair from fatigue.

"...oh. just tired... i've been studying too much and it's getting all jumbled up so i get confused." you nervously smiled at him, sitting up properly.

"you ought to take care of yourself more. what subject are you studying for?" stopping typing, he casually turned his chair towards your. he was donning his usual calm and gentle demeanor.

"yes, i'll try. it's physics and history." you muttered droopily. you hung your head down, fiddling with the sleeves of your blazer. memorization and computation was kinda annoying, because your mind was always drifting off and you lacked focus.

"ah, those subjects. i recall you told me your test comes next week, right?"

"mhm." you hummed, your eyes closed.

"well, i'm not very busy this week. would you like me to help you study?"

you immediately looked up. he was looking at you seriously, blinking at you. you couldn't help but space out because of his words so it looked like you were staring at him blankly, your eyes stiff.

albedo tilted his head, confused. so he leaned his head in closer and put a hand on your cheek.

"hmm, you sure you're okay? ...your body temperature is kinda high."

that's because you were overheating from his touch. you were caught off guard, because his soft hand just suddenly made contact with your cheek. without warning.

"ah, no. i-i'm fine. no worries."

he pulled away his hand and returned to his computer to save his document. his face was literally half a ruler away from you, you would've freaked out if he kept his hand on you for longer.

phew. a few more seconds and you would've fainted on the spot.

"a-ahem... and yes, i would like that, by the way. can we study at the library later, after class?" you continued your speech. he just glanced at you from the side and hummed.