11 | night sky

☘☘☘

☘☘☘

today, you helped albedo a bit with his experiments about chemistry. the other research was put on hold.

because you two were both too occupied about the experiments you were conducting, you both didn't notice the time passing by.

it had already grown dark outside, the stars shining. you scrunched up your eyebrows upon seeing the darkness.

"wait, what time is it?" you asked albedo.

"...that concludes experiment number 12. didn't know it will create this type of reaction..." he mumbled, taking down notes swiftly.

you tapped albedo's shoulder, your eyebrows raised. he was far too absorbed. he jumped upon contact, almost dropping the erlenmeyer flask he was holding.

"oh. it's just you. you said something?"

"what time is it?"

he glanced at his watch, donning no reaction upon seeing the time.

"...6:45 PM. it's quite late, i must say we got carried away."

you deadpanned at him. school closed in exactly forty-five minutes. "won't the school be mad? this laboratory isn't very organized."

"ah, no worries, i'll put away these chemicals. though i would love to have a moment to spare to clean up everything, but naturally, experiments come first." he said, storing away the bottles of chemicals on the shelves.

"but they'll scold us tomorrow, for not cleaning."

"i forgot to tell you. this laboratory is reserved for my research this school year, so the teachers won't mind. only i have the keys."

oh. he was very intelligent, after all. you both carried on cleaning, clearing up the table. but a few papers were still left there, scattered around.

"okay, that's about all. are we going home now?" you asked, picking up your bag.

"...i have to organize my own notes, at least. you can wait for me outside if you want to."

you nodded, before going outside. the laboratory was one floor below from the rooftop, so you planned to enter the rooftop. because you wanted fresh air.

it was locked. but fortunately, you know how to lockpick, thanks to your brother and childe who taught you how to lockpick when you were in first grade. you always lockpicked the pantry to give them cookies or chocolates. they always took the blame, though.

you finally clicked it open. teachers were probably away so you took the risk. getting into trouble sometimes wasn't a big deal.

your parents were probably mad right now. but if you think about it, they'll still yell at you if you come home now. might as well go home later then, they'll still get mad either way.