10 | valentine

☘☘☘

☘☘☘

you took a deep breath, staring at the letter. could it be a valentines day letter? it seemed too good to be true.

the noon sunlight shone on your hair, as the familiar and usual noises of the classroom settled a cheerful, school-like ambience for you. you were nervous on knowing what could be lying beneath the envelope.

you slowly broke the seal, hiding your hands and the letter on your lap as so to keep it private. was it really...?

no. it wasn't, because repeating your own thoughts, it was too good to be true.

☘☘☘

dear (y/n),

i hope this isn't a bother. i could've asked you this personally, or even asked you by a call or text, but i ended up following my urge to write it by a letter.

i wanted to invite you if you would like to help me with my research. i am having a little difficulty with this particular topic, and i have to admit that i need assistance.

to me, you are an intelligent person who is quick to learn. you are very logical and quick-witted. so in terms of assistance, i would prefer having you to help me over anyone.

you can disagree anytime. do take your time in considering it, no rush.

extending my sincere gratitude,
albedo

☘☘☘

ah. not a valentine letter, then.

you didn't know how to react. you were happy that he thought of you that way, and you were disappointed that it wasn't what you expected it to be. you also were a tiny bit annoyed because why did he have to send you that letter, during valentines day too?

your hopes were crushed by a hydraulic press. but, well, at least he thinks you're intelligent?

also, of course you were going to accept his offer. more time with him would be blissful, plus you wanted to return the favor because he also helped you in the past week.

so you immediately stood up, and headed to the laboratory to face him and tell him that you want to help.

you walked along the slightly crowded hallways, your face blank. you were still internally composing your emotions.

as you reached the laboratory, you slowly slid the door, peeking inside.

only albedo was there, sitting on a stool with his head buried in his arms. upon hearing the sliding door open, he quickly lifted his head, a few of his fluffy locks messy.