13 | love

a week passed since that sick incident. you haven't seen much of albedo because you were really busy with school, and requirements were all over the place. and since you were the class representative, you had more stuff to handle.

teachers usually tasked you to collect your classmates paperworks to bring to the faculty. you were also the one to write down corrections on the board, and so on and so forth.

today, you were extremely frustrated and stressed. people have been asking for you left and right, you even skipped lunch because you almost forgot to organize the papers alphabetically.

it was now afternoon. a lot of students were already going home and you were in your clubroom, cleaning up fencing equipment. ayaka was there with you, seemingly done with her task.

"i'll grt going now, (y/n). my brother called for help with student council work."

you huffed, hair messy and your temple sweaty. you just wanted to get home to take a shower now, because you probably stinked.

"sure. take care, ayaka."

it took you almost half an hour before finishing up, taking the keys and locking the door. you thought it would all be over until someone approached you.

---

"so, you're saying, i can excuse myself from classes if ever the schedules overlap? and it'll help my record as well, so i can get in my preferred university?"

jean nodded.

you were currently being recruited as a substitute teacher for klee and teucer's school. apparently, your teacher recommended you to jean.

it seemed like a good deal, but... it sounded tiring. but once you heard that it'll help your future, you took a deep sigh, and nodded. "i'll do it. you'll pay me, right?"

to reach your dream to be a lawyer, of course. you always wanted to do that ever since you were young. it was probably the reason why you kept going on.

"yes, of course."

after a while of negotiating papers, the sun was already gone. it was dark outside, you still had to walk home. it was a long and tiring day, and upon knowing that you had an extra responsibility to fulfill, it already made you feel even more tired.

---

your time at home was so short. before 7AM struck, you were already at school, picking up a few of the worksheets you had to complete before you headed to the preschool. yawning, you greeted jean. there were no kids inside yet, and she was doing paperwork.

"(y/n). glad you came on time. now you should wait by the door and greet the kids and the teachers, and introduce yourself. there aren't many children here, so no worries. just ask me if you have questions, alright?"

obediently, you nodded and followed her instructions. you stretched outside, the morning sun dappling on your skin. the first kid came in, and it was a quiet kid with uneven bangs. she stopped in front of you with a suspicious look.

"who are you?" she stated defensively.

"good morning. i'm a substitute teacher here, i'm (y/n)."

sayu stared at you suspiciously.

"you're rude as heck, kid." a muscly, big man was standing behind him. he was wearing the same uniform.

"cool name, (y/n)! i've seen you around, you're the smart student, right?! anyway, i'm itto, i'm uh practically sayu's guardian."

you nervously laughed, unable to match his energy. "oh. um, thank you, itto." he handed you a piece of paper. he looked like he was in a hurry.

"so, you just call this number if she makes a mess, or, something. anyway, gotta bounce, bye!"