four

The next day I put dad in rehab. Thankfully he went. I stayed at his house for the rest of the week and then drove back to Mum's place.

I walked into the dining room and saw everyone sitting there. "I'm back," I said. Everyone turned to me and I went over and sat in my chair beside Julia.

"Thank God I missed you! David kept on being annoying!" Carolyn said.

"I dont want to sound rude but why are you back so early I thought you would be gone for at least a month?" Mum asked.

"Oh er, when I got to Dad's he seemed perfectly fine like nothing happened. But I still wasn't fully convinced so I stayed there for the week and nothing so I decided to leave. But I will be going to check up on him once a week." I lied.

"That's great!" Mum said. I sighed and decided to change the subject "yup! Anyways I'm going to go unpack my stuff." I got up from my chair and headed up to my room. I got up to my room and started unpacking.

"What really happened?" I heard Julia ask I turned towards her and sighed.

"I already told you," I said rolling my eyes and got back to unpacking.

"You know you can talk to me. I won't tell anyone. It would be against the law if I did" she said coming into my room and shutting the door.

"I said it once and ill say it again. I dont need a doctor I'm perfectly fine." I faked a smile.

"You dont have to do that" Julia said.

"What?" I asked.

"Put on a fake smile for me I can see it's fake. Or give me the look that says look at me I'm happy I can also see through that." I let my smile dropped but turned away. 'No June she will just tell mum and then mum will be upset' I sighed and put my fake smile back on.

"Don't know what you're talking about." I played dumb.

"Yeah, you do."

"No, I really dont!" I argued. Julia sighed and sat on my bed and took a drink of her whiskey.

"Yeah you do" she mumbled. "You just dont want anyone to worry about you! You dont want to be anyone's problem!" I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Julia you dont have to try and fix everything you see!" I yelled, "Especially me because I'm not broken!" My voice cracked as I felt tears starting to rise. I quickly turned away and calmed myself down. Then turned back around with a smile. "I'm perfectly fine" I whispered and walked over to the dresser.

"Stop lying to yourself!" Julia said standing up and stumbling a little.

"Julia your drunk... Just go to your room and go to sleep or something." I sighed.

"Not until you admit you're lying." She said crossing her arms. I grabbed a jacket and walked to my door. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"Well if you won't leave then I will." With that, I walked out my bedroom door and out of the house. I started walking in the woods just enjoying the nature. Until I found a huge cliff. I smiled and walked to the edge of it and sat down letting my feet dangle. The view was beautiful. The sun was setting and the wind would blow every now and then. I sat there for hours just looking at the view and thinking about my shitty life and how much Julia was right but I didn't want to be her problem or anyone's problem so I'll just keep it all in.

I looked at the time it was 2:28 am so I got up and started walking back. When I got home I went up to my room and saw a sleeping Julia on my bed. I smiled to myself she looked so peaceful while she sleeps. I walked over to her and covered her up with the blankets then went to my bathroom and changed into an oversized short sleeve shirt and shorts.