seven

The next morning Julia and I got up and got ready for the day.

Outfit:

I walked down to the dining room first since Julia was still getting ready

I walked down to the dining room first since Julia was still getting ready. Sitting in a chair across from my normal one was a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes she looked up at me and smiled.

"Victoria this is my oldest daughter June. June Victoria she's our new governess." Mum introduced me. I leaned across the table and shook her hand with a small smile.

"Nice to meet you." I greeted.

"You too. And please call me Vicky" She smiled. I sat back in my chair and waited for Julia. Soon she walked in and sat beside me not noticing Vicky until she looked up. She raised an eyebrow and looked at me asking who she was.

"This is Victoria our new governess. Vicky this is Julia." I introduced them. Julia looked at Vicky and scanned her as she did to me when we first met.

"She's a liar." She mumbled to where only she and I could hear. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Please call me Vicky," Vicky said. Julia nodded and we all started eating.

"Where's Barnabas?" David asked.

"He went to town. He'll be back in a little." Mum said and David nodded.

"I don't like her," Julia mumbled to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"She keeps on staring at you. Like your single and that she likes you like likes you." She mumbled obviously upset.

"Jules everyone except for you thinks I am single here and we dont know each other we just met and she probably just wants to be my friend. And if it came down to it you over her any day. " I reassured her.

"Jules? I like that and really?" She asked.

"Good get used to it and Really." I smiled and grabbed her hand under the table. I looked back at Vicky to see she really was staring at me. When she saw me look she sat straight up and smiled. I smiled softly back and turned towards the conversation with mum and Carolyn.

After breakfast, Jules and I decided to go on a walk. My arm was interlocked with hers and I was resting my head on her shoulder as we walked.

"Vicky kept on staring at you during breakfast. I really don't like her." Jules pouted.

"Awe our you jealous?" I picked on her.

"No! Why would I be jealous of her? Your my girl, not hers! And you won't ever be hers!... Right?" Jules asked. Butterflies swarmed my stomach from her calling me her girl.

"Of course I'll never be hers! I'll always be yours. I am your girl." I chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"Good." She sighed.

We decided to turn around and go back home since she has her appointment with David and I felt like reading.

I was in the library reading a book I wasn't paying attention to anything around me I didnt even realize the door opening and somebody walking in.

"Hi," Vicky said making me jump.

"Hey" I giggled. "You scared me!"

"Sorry! I didn't mean to!" She chuckled. "What are you reading?" She asked sitting next to me. I showed her the book and sighed.

"So what are you doing in here?" I asked.

"Oh, I came here to find a book to read. But you were in here so I thought I would talk to you instead." She blushed looking at her fingers.

"Oh...okay," I said. It was an awkward silence until she turned to me with a smile.

"How old are you?" She asked.

"19 you?" I asked.

"23" she answers happily. "Single?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Nope, I have a girlfriend. You?" I asked. I saw her face sadden a little but she quickly covered it with a smile.

"Single." She answered. We sat there for a while getting to know each other Vicky's a pretty cool person and a good friend but nothing more. I looked at the time and my eyes widened.

"I need to go. Goodnight." I said and quickly left the room. It was 10 minutes until midnight. Julia's going to be pissed she doesn't know where I was and especially that I was with Vicky. I quickly walked to my room and opened the door. Jules was pacing around my room with her arms crossed. When she heard the door open she quickly turned to me and walked up to me and hugged me.

"Where were you!? I was worried sick!" She asked.

"Sorry! I was in the library and lost track of time!" I apologized, hugging her back.

"I went in there you weren't in there," she said.

"I was in the back right corner."

"I knew I should have checked there!" She groaned as I chuckled.

"Sorry my love," I mumbled.

"It's alright." She whispered then kissed me. "You're not telling me something." She mumbled after looking into my eyes.

"I wasn't in the library alone," I mumbled.

"Okay. Why is that a big deal?" She asked

"It's really not but I don't want to hide anything from you and before you assume anything I promise you nothing happened we just talked."

"Okay. Just tell me." She giggled.

"I was with Vicky," I mumbled. Looking at our hands. I looked up at Julia to see that she had a blank face, thinking.

"Nothing happened right? She didn't try anything?" Jules asked and I shook my head.

"No nothing happened. I promise."

"Then okay. I trust you." Jules mumbled. I smiled and kissed her.

"I love you," I whispered

"I love you."

"Come on let's go to bed. I'm exhausted." I groaned and took Jule's hand and we changed and got into bed.

Not even a couple of seconds that I snuggled into Julia I was out for the rest of the night.

The next morning I woke up smiling which was a little weird. I must have had a good dream. I looked up at Julia to see she was already awake. "Good morning," I whispered and pecked her lips.

"Good morning my love." Butterflies that's all I have to say is butterflies.

"Do you wanna go to the ball with me?" I asked.

"Of course darling!" Jules smiled making me smile. I kissed her and we got up and got ready for the day.

Word count: 1069