Chapter 1

“Please come Jess. It would mean a lot to JJ. Plus I need help with Knox at the game,” Chelsea pleaded. 

“I just saw JJ at Christmas, and I live twenty minutes away from you guys,” Jessica laughed into the phone. 

“I know, but you haven’t been to a game yet this year and the battle for LA is kind of a big deal,” Chelsea explained. “Plus I want to take Knox, like I said, I would appreciate the extra set of hands,”

“Chelsea you know why any time the Clippers are playing at the Staples Center I steer clear of downtown LA,” Jessica sighed. 

“I know, but what I am supposed to tell JJ? The truth?” Chelsea asked. 

“God no. He would kill him. Not to mention what it would do to disrupt the team. I’m just not ready,” Jessica relented. 

“Well, think about it please,” Chelsea begged. 

“I will. I guess. I need to go and get ready for work,”

“Ok. We all miss you too Jessica. Jada and Amber ask about you all the time,”

“Stop. Really. I need to go,” Jessica laughed. 

“Fine. Let me know if you decide to come tomorrow night,” Chelsea conceded. 

“I will. Love you. Give Knox kisses from Aunt Jess,” Jessica smiled at the thought of her cute little nephew. 

“You could give them to him yourself tomorrow if you...,”

“Bye Chels,” Jessica laughed hanging up on her. 

She rolled her eyes as she got up from her spot on the couch and made her way up the stairs to get ready for work. 

Jessica Redick was JJ Redick’s little sister. She had just finished college while JJ was playing for the Magic in 2009. She majored in fashion while she attended Virginia Tech and got her clothing line off the ground while she was still living in Virginia. When JJ was sent to the Clippers she jumped on the idea of moving to Los Angeles with her older brother and his wife. 

She and Chelsea were as close as sisters could get, even if they weren’t blood related. Since she had moved to LA, Jessica has her own boutique and a design studio in the back. Jessica’s Loft had three employees, other than Jessica of course. Linda, a 35 year old Los Angeles native was the manager. Amy, a 28 year old from San Diego was her full time cashier, and Suzy, a 23 year old college student at USC who was also studying fashion helped out wherever and whenever she could. 

Jessica finished finished getting ready and stopped to glance at her reflection. She was wearing dark washed skinny jeans with a red 3/4 sleeve blousy top and wedge sandals. Her mid-back length blonde hair was straightened and she topped her make up off with red lipstick. 

She grabbed her Michael Kors bag off her dresser and dropped her phone in it as she made her way back downstairs. She lived in a two story townhouse in West LA. JJ and Chelsea had a huge house in Santa Monica and Jessica still had a room there whenever she needed it. She assumed she would until JJ and Chelsea had enough babies that they needed her room.