Chapter 6

Jessica had just finished washing her face and brushing her teeth with an extra toothbrush Blake had. Of course when he handed it to her she had to make a comment about having extra necessities for his girls. Blake just rolled his eyes and went back to his room. 

She shut the light off in the bathroom before making the short trip across the hall to the extra bedroom she was staying in for the night. 

Once they had gotten to Blake’s house Blake went and put Ford down for the night before telling Jessica she could sleep wherever she wanted. He brought her a pair of shorts and a t-shirt of his, both of which were sitting still neatly folded on the bed where Blake had sat them. 

Jessica eyed the clothes as she came back into the bedroom and quietly closed the door. At one point in her life she actually loved sleeping in Blake’s clothes. While they were clean they still smelled just like his cologne. Something that used to bring a smile to her face now made her want to throw up. 

She picked up the clothes and moved them to the dresser that was in the room on the opposite wall. Sitting down on the edge of the bed she unzipped her boots and slid them off before sliding her jeans down her legs. She peeled back the covers and slid under the blanket grabbing her cell phone to set her alarm and text Chelsea letting her know where she was. 

She had just locked her phone and was getting ready to put it back when it vibrated in her hand. 

Are you awake? 

Jessica rolled her eyes reading the simple text from Blake. Of course she was awake and there’s no way he didn’t hear her in the bathroom not ten minutes earlier. 

Yes. 

She sighed laying her phone down next to her in the bed waiting for it to vibrate again. Surely he wasn’t just texting her to see if she was awake. Before she could even look down at her phone again there was a knock on the door. 

“What Blake?” Jessica called just loud enough that she knew he could hear her, but not too loud so she didn’t disturb Ford who was sleeping two doors down from the room she was in. 

“Can I come in?” Blake asked quietly from the other side of the door. 

“It is your house,” Jessica sighed. “Do you not own anymore clean shirts?” She asked taking in his appearance. He was wearing just a pair of basketball shorts. 

“I know. I’m just trying to be polite,” Blake said rolling his eyes as he dodged her shirt comment while quietly closing the door behind him. 

“Did you need something?” Jessica asked looking up at him. 

“Why didn’t you change?” Blake asked confused seeing the clothes he had laid out for her on the dresser. 

“Didn’t feel like it,” Jessica sighed. 

“Didn’t feel like it because they’re mine or?” Blake pried crossing his arms over his chest.