Chapter 18

It had been a couple weeks before Jessica and Blake had actually had a worthwhile conversation again. Jessica still hadn't said anything to JJ despite her sister in law encouraging her to tell him every time they talked. Blake hadn't mentioned it to Brynn either. If he was being honest he was a little shocked Ford hadn't ratted him out yet.

The all star week was in full swing in New York City, and Blake was a little upset about not being there and being a part of it. Maybe a little was being generous. He had been in a terrible mood the entire day and as much as he missed Jessica he knew better than to be near her while he was in a bad mood. Nonetheless, he still had the urge to text her and see what she was up to.

What are you doing?

Jessica sat her nephew down in the swing and strapped him in as she heard her phone chime. She was watching Knox while JJ and Chelsea had a rare night out. Being that it was the all star break, those that weren't involved in the game were already back home. JJ had gone alone to NYC for the three point contest and came back right after that had taken place.

Such the family man her brother turned out to be. A far cry from the JJ she had grown up with that was for sure. She smiled at Knox before turning away and grabbing her phone.

I'm at JJ's watching Knox while they're on a date. What are you doing?

Jessica grabbed the remote and started flipping through the channels until she landed on a Friends rerun. It was one of her favorite episodes where Ross, Chandler, and Rachel were trying to get the sofa up the stairs.

Missing you...I can't come see you if you're there :(

Jessica rolled her eyes. He was right, as of now being that JJ still didn't know about the two of them he couldn't come see her. Worrying that this would just turn into another war via texting Jessica decided to just call him.

"Hey," Blake said quietly into the phone.

"Do you miss me or are you just sad that you're not in New York partying with your NBA buddies?" Jessica asked trying down the TV.

"Is it wrong if I say both?" Blake smiled sheepishly even though she couldn't see him.

"Not at all. There's an easy solution to one of those things,"

"I know. I could just fly to New York," Blake smirked knowing exactly what she meant.

"Ha ha," Jessica sighed.

"We can't do that to JJ tonight. He's on a date with his wife, probably expecting some bomb ass sex when he gets home and bam hey dude I'm dating your sister. It probably wouldn't go over well," Blake explained.

"First of all, please don't talk about sex and my brother, second of all what makes you think this will ever go over well? Shouldn't we get it over with now so that way he will get over it when Chelsea does whatever it is she does with him?" Jessica said cringing.

"Babe you know they're doing it how do you think Knox got here?" Blake pointed out.

"A stork dropped him off on the doorstep in a big basket with a big blue bow," Jessica said matter of fact.

"Are we five now?" Blake laughed.

"You act like it sometimes," Jessica smirked.

"Ouch. But seriously," Blake sighed.

"Well if we can't tell him tonight we need to do it soon. That way he's over it by the time you start playing again," Jessica reasoned.

"I know. What about the night of the all star game?"