Chapter 19

It was the day of the All Star game and just like Blake and Jessica had talked about they were going to come clean with JJ. Jessica had given Chelsea a heads up and she in turn had stocked the liquor cabinet in the house just in case. Even though she was married to JJ she still had no idea how he would take the news.

Jessica and Blake were going to each drive themselves over. It would just be a family affair since most of the other guys were on mini vacations and enjoying time with their families. Chris, of course, was in New York City participating in the game.

Jessica threw on some yoga pants and a red Clippers t-shirt. Opting for one that showed no allegiance to any player, she then pulled her hair up in a messy bun. If their plan worked out right she would get there before Blake did giving her enough time to hang out with her sister in law and her nephew before the shit potentially hit the fan.

She grabbed her bag, keys, and phone and quickly made her way out to her car. She groaned and rolled her eyes as she pulled up to her brother's house seeing Blake's car out front. Well so much for that plan. She would have to wing it and just hope and pray Blake hadn't said anything to JJ quite yet. She got out of the car and walked up the steps and through the front door. She stopped waiting to see if she could hear anyone fighting or yelling, but she didn't hear anyone at all and that scared her even more.

She walked down the hall and into the kitchen and found Chelsea on the phone holding Knox. Jessica gave her a confused look and Chelsea held up a finger telling her she would be off the phone in just a minute.

Jessica sat her purse down on the counter and suck a peek out in the backyard where surely the guys were if she couldn't hear them, but they weren't there either. Her imagination was running wild at that point. Had JJ killed him and was Chelsea on the phone trying to hide the body? Surely not.

"Sorry girl I was on the phone with my mom. They're coming out next week," Chelsea smiled as she got up from the barstool she had been sitting on.

"Where are they?" Jessica asked taking Knox from her sister in law.

"They went to go get food for tonight. I think I have enough liquor in the house should he really go off the deep end," Chelsea smirked.

"What can he do? He's not my father," Jessica said making a face at Knox who giggled at her.

"No, but he's your big brother and that's almost worse," Chelsea sighed hearing the garage door open. "Tell him after we eat,"

"How do you know Blake hasn't already?" Jessica asked with a brow raised.

"Because they're both walking into the house under their own power," Chelsea whispered hearing the guys walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Jess," JJ smiled over at his sister as he sat the bags he was carrying on the counter.

"Hey how was New York?" Jessica asked casting a sideways glance at Blake who was smiling at her.

"Good. Kinda wish I was there for the game, but not if I'm not playing in it," JJ explained. "I don't know how you're dealing with not being there especially when you should be in it," JJ said looking over at Blake.

"Gives me time for more important things," Blake shrugged looking over at Jessica, the smile he had on his face just moments before replaced with a serious look.

"What did you get?" Jessica asked looking in one of the bags trying to change the subject.

"Steak, chicken, peppers, tomatoes," JJ listed. "I'm gonna go fire up the grill, can you ladies handle the prep?" He asked turning to Chelsea and planting a sweet kiss on her lips.