Chapter 9

“Hey B what are you doing here?” JJ smiled at his teammate as he opened the door and let him in. 

“I need to talk to you about something,” Blake sighed as JJ shut the door. 

“Sure man what’s up?” JJ asked confused. 

“It’s about Jessica,” Blake started as Chelsea walked into the room carrying a sleeping Knox. 

“Babe can you go put him down for me?” Chelsea smiled sweetly at her husband. 

“Sure. I’ll be right back,” JJ said looking over at Blake before taking the sleeping baby from Chelsea and walking carefully upstairs. 

Chelsea watched as JJ made his way to the nursery and when she was sure he was out of earshot she turned to Blake. 

“Are you crazy?” Chelsea glared at him. “You can’t tell him about you and Jessica now. You’re in the middle of the season do you really want to cause problems with your teammate?”

“No but she won’t talk to me and I don’t know what else to do. And when did she and Barnes get so close?” Blake whispered. 

“Here’s an idea genius how about you leave her alone for a little while? She and Matt have always been friends,” Chelsea whispered as JJ started making his way back down the stairs. 

“Sorry man. What’s up with Jessica?” JJ asked.

Chelsea sent Blake a warning look before turning and walking out of the room. 

“Oh..uh...it was nice seeing her the other night,” Blake sighed. He couldn’t do it. Chelsea was right. If he told JJ now it would definitely cause a rift in their relationship and who knows what effect that would have on the court. 

“Yeah it was. I think she’s coming Saturday too,” JJ smiled. 

Chelsea grabbed her phone off the counter in the kitchen and slipped out the back door before dialing Jessica’s number. 

“Hello?” Jessica asked as she muted the TV. 

She had just gotten done with what work she brought home to finish and was catching up on her shows on the DVR. 

“Guess who’s in my living room right now talking to JJ?” Chelsea smirked. 

“What?” Jessica said wide eyed. 

“Yeah. I think I talked him out of doing anything stupid, but it’s Blake so who knows what he’s thinking,” Chelsea said turning back toward the house and looking through the window. They were both sitting in the living room still and they were laughing about something. 

“No kidding. He won’t tell him Chels it’s too early in the season for the drama that would cause,” Jessica sighed.