Chapter 7

Jessica sighed as she grabbed her phone looking looking at the time. It was 3:30am and she had yet to fall asleep. Blake had left the room and she assumed went to his right after he had gotten dressed again. She wanted so bad to tell him to stay, but she couldn’t bring herself to do it. Instead she was laying awake in bed and beating herself up over what had happened. How could she be stupid enough to let him do that again? She was reaching over to lay her phone on the table next to the bed when it vibrated with a new text message. 

How’s it going at B’s?

It was Matt Barnes. She and Matt had a pretty unique friendship. Jessica was one of the first people he had called when he and Gloria had decided they were going to split up. She had hung out with him a few times since all of that had happened. He had turned into quite the partier when he didn’t have the boys. Nothing had ever happened between the two of them and as much as he told her she could vent to him about Blake she never did. They were teammates and she wasn’t going to disrupt that. 

Ugh. I’m so stupid.

She figured from her response Matt would be able to figure out what she meant. She was a little worried about what he would say back. She already felt dirty enough. 

We all have needs Jess. You NEED to get over him. 

Rolling her eyes she sighed as she sent her response. 

I need a lot of things Matt. As I’m sure you do. I was over him before tonight. I knew coming to the game was a bad idea. 

No it was a great idea. What happened after was a bad idea! I can come get you if you want.

That would look great now wouldn’t it?! No I’ll be fine. I’m sure you need to recover from the party you went to tonight.

Nah didn’t feel like drinkin tonight. 

Goodnight Matty!

Jessica laid her phone on the table next to the bed and rolled over. She had to find some way to get sleep. She really needed to get some sleep so she could go in to work tomorrow. That was another thing she was worried about. Blake was going to have to take her home so she was going to have to see him. Maybe she should’ve just taken Matt up on his offer to come get her. 

Sighing she threw the covers off her and grabbed the pillow. She pulled the comforter off the bed and grabbed her phone before making her way out of the room and downstairs. She walked down another set of stairs and into the cold dark theater. This was her favorite room in his house to sleep in. Maybe now she could finally stop thinking so much. 

She laid down on the couch on the back wall and closed her eyes. She was just starting to finally fall asleep when the light from the hall hit her face and woke her up. 

“There you are I was starting to think you left,” Blake whispered looking down at her from the doorway. 

“I don’t have a car here,” Jessica said not opening her eyes.