Chapter 9 - Chunin Exams?

Y/n pov

After a long day of tiring missions with my dumbass team, I was walking home.

I stopped by a dango shop and wanted to go training when I heard a commotion and walked in that direction.

I turned the corner to see a guy with cat ears and face paint holding a kid by his scarf up.

Behind him stood a girl with short light hair in four ponytails and a big fan on her back.

Sakura and two other kids were standing on the side while Naruto was yelling at the guy to let the kid, now identified as Konohamaru, down.

'Nee Tora, isn't that the name of the Hokages grandson?' I asked Tora.

"Yes, I believe so" She answered.

I sighed and wanted to walk away when Sakura noticed me.

"OI Y/N, WHY AREN'T YOU DOING ANYTHING? YOU SERIOUSLY ARE SO PATHETIC, YOU ARE SUCH A BURDEN FOR SASUKE-KUN!" She began screeching.

I looked at her with my narrowed, blank eyes and felt nervousness and shivers coming from the duo.

"Learn your place, Sakura. And you, let the kid down. He's the grandson of the Hokage and you could start a war with this" I said to Sakura and then to the guy.

"What would you-" He was cut off by a pebble getting thrown at his hand. It came from Sasuke.

The guy let Konohamaru down and he quickly ran over to his friends.

"OH SASUKE-KUN, YOU'RE SOO COOL~" Sakura yelled and I glanced at her.

"I'm going now, bye" I said and was about to leave when I heard a raspy voice.

"Kankuro, stop or I'll kill you" The voice said.

I turned back around to see a guy hanging upside down from the tree. He had dark hair and the Kanji for 'Love' in his forehead.

'I wonder what his hair color is' I thought.

"Ga-Gaara, so-sorry but they sta-started you s-see-" He began but was cut off by a glare from this so called Gaara.

Gaara was swirled into something full of chakra and appeared by his teammates.

"I'm sorry for the trouble that my brother has caused" He said.They turned to leave but were stopped by Sakura.

"Wait! I know from your headbands that you are Ninjas from the hidden sand, I know our villages are allies but without a good reason you can't walk through the villages" She said and I face palmed.

"Are you living under a rock? We are here for the Chunin Exams" The girl said and showed Sakura a formula.

Naruto then asked what the Chunin Exams are and Konohamaru explained it to him. They turned to leave but were, again, stopped, this time by Sasuke.

"You. State your name." Sasuke demanded.

"Me?" The girl asked.

"No, the guy with the gourd" Sasuke said and pointed to Gaara.

"Gaara of the sand, I'm also interested about yours and the girl with h/c hair" Gaara said.

"Uchiha Sasuke" Sasuke said with a smirk.

I looked around confused as to why everyone was staring at me and I looked at Naruto, searching for help.

"He asked for your name, you have h/n hair" He whispered and I 'Oh'ed.

"I'm Y/n Morino-Senju, it's very nice to met you Gaara" I smiled and turned around. "Ja ne"

Time skip next morning

I got woken up by Tora and made myself ready. I wanted to say bye to dad but remembered that he is in a meeting.

I walked out of the house and towards the bridge, our usual team meeting place. I was the second to arrive, Kakashi being first.

"Good morning Sensei, it's a surprise to see you being early" I greeted.

"Good morning Y/n, I can be on time too ya know. " He greeted back.

I sat down and durned off my vision.

'Nee Tora' I said through our mind link.

"Yes my little tiger?" She anserwed.

'Can we go to Jiji later? I wanna read a few of his books' I asked.

"Yes of course" She replied and I made a mental happy dance.

"Now that you are all here, I recommended you all for the Chunin Exams this year" Kakashi said, bringing me back to reality.

I smiled and took my formula. I then said bye and walked towards the Hokage tower.

I barged into Jijis office, absolutely not caring if someone was there, and walked towards his bookshelf.

I chose a scroll about the first Hokage Wood release and turned around to see Uncle Gai and three kids standing before Jiji.

"Oh oop" Was all I said until I was being crushed in a hug by Gai.

"Y/N MY LOVELY YOUTHFULL NIECE, ITS SO NICE TO SEE YOU! HOW IS MY YOUTHFULL RIVAL TREATING YOU?" He asked.

"Hello Uncle Gai, Kakashi-Sensei is treating me fine although he was a little oblivious at first" I lowly said. "Sorry that I barged in like that, I just wanted this scroll, I'm leaving now"

I turned around and was about to leave when Jiji stopped me.

"Wait, Y/n. Ibiki is on a mission for two days, do you want me to read the scroll for you?" Jiji asked.

"NO I'LL READ IT FOR HER, THEY PROMISED TO TRAIN WITH ME AND MY YOUTHFULL TEAM WHEN WE SEE EACH OTHER THE NEXT TIME!" Gai said and I laughed a bit.

We said bye to Jiji and walked out towards training ground 6.

"Uncle Gai don't you want to introduce me to your team?" I whispered-asked.

"OH YES, HOW COULD I FORGET! Everyone, this is Y/n. She is like a Niece to me! Y/n, this is my team Tenten, Neji and Lee" Gai said.

"It's nice to meet you all, I hope to become good friends with you" I said and we started training and getting to know each other.