Chapter 8

Your POV,

"Next up is my son who finished my patience."  when Mrs. Park said this, Jeongwoo scratched the back of his neck as if he was embarrassed and kept his gaze on his feet. Your classmates laughed lightly and you hid the laugh that attempts to escape your lips by coughing "Any volunteers?" Your History teacher waited for anyone to raise their hands but not even one did which made you feel bad. Your teacher sighed in disappointment but nodded her head in understanding. She talked about knowing why nobody wants Jeongwoo because he was a troublesome boy when the said troublesome boy made eye contact with you and gave you a pleading look "Huh?" you blurted which was supposed to be for him but Aurelia heard this and gave you a questioning look "What huh?" you looked at your teacher who was still talking, took a deep breath and raised your hand in the air "..which is why I'm just going to look for volunteers in the higher yea- oh? Ms. (last name), any questions?"

"I volunteer, ma'am. I'll tutor Park Jeongwoo."

All eyes were on you because of surprise, you rarely talked and hearing you talk for this reason shocked your classmates the most. The eyes of the three boys were also on you but with Haruto and Jungwon giving you teasing looks while Jeongwoo's were sparkling and you had to look away when you felt the butterflies once again. Your History teacher also looked at you in disbelief "Are you sure, Ms. (last name)? Are you really willing to tutor Mr. Park no matter the consequences?" all you can do was nod since you already felt like melting just from all their gaze. You hated the attention so you gave another strong nod as a confirmation "How nice of our top 1 to do this. As his mother, I am really thankful (your name)."

You smiled in return and sat down before glancing at Jeongwoo who also smiled at you sincerely, mouthing a small 'thank you' at your way. Your cheeks heated up once again so you looked away, facing your teacher who was talking about more exams and quizzes coming ahead. She finally dismissed the three boys, Jeongwoo looking at you one last time before leaving with the other two who gave you those teasing looks again. The review for your upcoming test begun but you couldn't focus because of the fast beating of your heart. You wondered if this chance will make you and Jeongwoo grow closer or if it will only end up in a one-sided love.

Remembering your chat last night, you knew he was a friendly boy and it wouldn't be too hard to get along with him, seeing that he was willing to silently ask you to volunteer for him. A memory of those pleading eyes brought back the butterflies in your stomach as you felt the corners of your lips twitch upwards. You controlled your emotions and tried your best to focus on your History teacher. Seeing her face only reminded you of her handsome son which made you almost loss your mind. You decided on staring at the blackboard while listening to her voice which slowly faded as your mind drifted into another daydream.

//. I am extremely sorry for the long wait. Your author was experiencing writer's block and was also busy with school works. I hope you guys understand. I will try to update it faster since it's nearing the end anyway. Thank you for reading this book!