hotel |12|

Chapter twelve: hotel

I woke up the next morning feeling really drained. When Sam sent that tweet a part of me didn't think he wrote it about me. All the replies were asking who the special girl was or what he was talking about.

I came to realize who it was for when he texted me a few minutes later, but I ignored it. In fact I still don't know and I don't really want to, maybe he was right about not getting into a relationship right now. I don't want him to be pressured into having to like me just because I do.

I might just take a break from social media for a while, since there's only a few more weeks left of summer, I want to fit as much fun as I can into my schedule. I probably won't have fun if I'm by myself though.

I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts to see who would hang out today.

Aunt Jill

No

Sarah

No, haven't talked to her since the sixth grade

My brother

Ew definitely not

Then it clicks, I can hang out with Antonio. I quickly dialed his number and asked him if he's free today and he said yes.

~

"Where are we goin chica!"

I smile at Antonio's adorable accent, "I was thinking maybe going to a really nice hotel and sneeking in."

He looked at me shook his head, "you crazy, no why you wanna do that?"

"There's a fancy hotel where celebrities usually stay at not too far from here, they never really check if you're a guest." I said hoping he would agree.

"Alright..."

"Huh, really?" I thought I would have to convince him.

"...but only if there's cute boys and free food."  He waves a finger in the air and his hand on his waist.

"Trust me there will be." I grab his arm and we walk about 15 minutes to the hotel.

We followed a family close behind into the automatic front door just so we didn't seem suspicious, even though going into a hotel you're not staying at isn't a crime.

"Look lemonade." Antonio went over to a complimentary refreshment table and I followed. As I poured mine he nudged my arm making me spill some.

"Antonio!"

"Oops I'm sorry but look at that boy." I looked through the glass and saw a boy siting near the little cushioned seating area on his phone outside.

"Yeah...what about him?" I grabbed a napkin and started to clean up the mess.

"What do you meeeean, what about him?!" He dragged out the e as he spoke. "He's perfect for you!"

I opened my eyes wide, "me!? I don't think so." I laughed a little, shaking my head.

He gave me a devious smirk before sneakily skipping away from me. Before I could register what he was doing he had already made his way outside and gave me a thumbs up before sitting next to the boy. It only took a few seconds before he looked over at me.

Antonio waved for me to come out and I wanted to kill him. Why did he decide to put me into to an unnecessary awkward situation.

I braced myself for the train wreck that was about to occur and I walked out to where they were sitting.

"Hey I'm uh, I'm Eloise, and I have no idea what he said to you but whatever it was I swear it's not true." I quickly said.

The boy laughed and shook his head. I couldn't tell if he was laughing because Antonio had actually said something or if my quickness of what I said amused him.

Luckily he answered and ended my curiosity. "He just said that I should talk to you." He looked away and giggled, I could tell he wasn't telling me everything he had said. 

I looked away and let out a short breath, "come on what else did that dumb kid say?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck and said "uhhh", I could tell it was something embarrassing.

"He said that when you first saw me you told him that you'd totally smash and he said he just wanted to start our connection by telling me."

My mouth opened wider with each word he said, I can't believe that rat would say that. "Alright say no more I get it." I said waving my hands.

"It's okay, it doesn't cre-" he began.

"IT'S NOT TRUE I DIDN'T SAY THAT I SWEAR!" I insisted.

"I believe you, chill," he fixed his dark brown hair by pushing it to the side, which was kind of attractive but let's not get into that. "You don't look like the type to say that anyways, and by your demeanor I can totally tell that you're not like that." He shyly smiled.

I sat down next to him, "what do you mean? what type am I?" I asked.

"The kind that is confident and shit, I don't know. You just look too nice to say anything that blunt."

I don't know how I should take that, is that a compliment or...

Suddenly a group of girls walk past obviously noticing the guy I was conversing with and began to giggled and walk like they were on a fucking run way. One of them even had the balls to say hi to him. . .which is totally fine but, it made me a little mad for some reason. And because of that I said something I probably shouldn't have.

"What did you say?" One of the girls turned around and confronted me.

So this is how this day is gonna play out, cool. I thought.

"It's not a fucking crime to say hi to someone bitch!" She yelled at me.

"Yeah!" Another one of the annoying girls chimed in.

"Well maybe if you kept your hoe like tendencies to yourself maybe I wouldn't have said anything." I said standing up. I was actually pretty content with my comeback seeing as though I'm never good at them. But just as I thought I was winning the girl pushed me causing the wind to get knocked out me and i found myself on the ground unable to catch a breath.

"Get the hell away from her." The boy said angrily and I saw all the girls scatter.

He kneeled down and ensured that I'd be okay, and I half believed him cause in the moment I was in a lot of pain. I managed to gasp and get a good amount of air in. And I used it by saying, "why'd you tell her to go I wasn't fucking done with her."

"Sure you weren't." He laughed and helped me up.

I'm starting to like this kid, he's alright.

-------
the picture up top is of Eloise btw