Now I know |9|

Chapter nine: Now I know

When I open my eyes the sun is shining through my window, I look down and notice my phone is still in my hand and I press the home button and turned down the brightness because my eyes are sensitive since I just woke up.

I had about eight texts from Sam that read:

Did you fall asleep?

U there

Answer me!

Ur stupid

It's not even that late!

Well it's almost 4 in morning, so I guess it's kinda late

NOW IM BORED! WAKE UP
ugh text me when u wake up

I roll my eyes and laugh while sliding to unlock my phone and put in the passcode. I went to my messages and tapped on Sam's name, I let out a breathless "wow" as I scrolled through our many, many messages that were exchanged late last night. I still can't understand why he would want to talk to me all night or be wiling to get to know me. I was baffled by the thought.

HEY UGLY IM AWAKE. UR PROBABLY NOT EVEN AWAKE RN ANYWAYS. - Me

I get up and go into the bathroom to wash my face then I go in my moms room to check on her. She was laying on her bed with the t.v. on, which is usually how I find her. "Morning mommy." I take a seat on the bed.
"Hey! Good morning! Did you just wake up?" She asked hoisting herself up.

"Surprisingly yeah, I was up all night texting, I thought I'd wake up later than this."

"With Allie?" My mom assumed. I scrunched my nose and shook my head.

"No? Then who were you up all night with?"

"Just this one boy."

"Oooo, a boy huh. Is he your boyfriend?" She smiled. A big goofy smile.

"Nope we're just talking, I barely know him yet. I would tell you if I had a boyfriend mom." I blushed unknowingly. "Anyways, can I get you anything."

"No thank you, I'm fine." She says finally.

"Okay see you later." I kiss her on the cheek and start to walk out of the room.

"I can tell you like him, whoever he is." She said, I'm guessing, as a maternal instinct.

I turned halfway, my hand resting on the doorknob, "he's just a friend." For some reason I felt odd when I said friend. I can't really explain why.

I shut the door behind me and hear my phone go off, I rush in my room to check it.

Yeah I'm up -Sam🍍

I fell asleep last night sorry lol. -Me

thats ok. -Sam🍍

good -Me

I gotta go to the dentist today I'm so nervous I HAAAAATE the dentist -Sam🍍

you'll be fine, just don't think about all the sharp tools they stick in ur mouth -Me

i wasnt.......until NOW -Sam🍍

oops :p -Me

well I gotta get ready I'll text you some time later okay -Sam🍍

you promise? -Me

can't get enough of me huh ;) -Sam🍍

Oh don't be so self absorbed Samuel -Me