Part 9 - Death Compass

"Bro, what's so damn special about the compass?" John B asked frustrated.

"No idea--hey wait I think I know that girl." Brielle said as she looked out the front windshield at a girl walking down the street.

"Who's that?" John B asked.

"I think that's Henry's sister, Caitlyn I think." Brielle said. "She's rich, why is she walking around here?"

"No idea." John B said and slowed down as they got closer.

"No, no, no , no! John B!" Brielle groaned as they stopped next to her.

"Hey." John B said rolling down the window.

"Oh, hey." Courtney smiled. "Oh hey, Brielle, good to see you again."

"Hey." Brielle said, then leaned to the back of the van and sighed.

"Uh, do you know Brielle well?" JJ asked, knowing Brielle was getting annoyed. "Ow!" He said as Brielle flicked his head.

"Uh, if you consider me catching her sneaking out of my house in the morning, then yeah, we know each other well." Courtney chuckled, and Brielle looked at her with wide eyes.

"Sneaking out of your house huh?" John B asked and looked back at Brielle who had the same look on her face, staring at Courtney with a death stare.

"Why were you sneaking out of her house?" JJ asked, now completely facing Brielle wanting her to answer the question.

"Um-" Brielle began to say but was cut off by the brunette.

"She was leaving my brothers room hoping no one would see her." Courtney said bluntly and JJ looked at the brunette, then back at Brielle, who had a face of pure rage on.

Brielle looked back at JJ who was staring at her with all sorts of emotions. Rage, sadness, jealousy....her face softened as she looked at the teens reaction, feeling terrible.

"Uh..." John B said breaking the silence. "Well, welcome to the island, you're brother mentioned you both just moved here."

"Yeah. Thank you." Courtney chuckled. "Well, I don't want to be in this heat anymore, so I should get going..."

"Oh!" JJ exclaimed looking at the teen outside. "Nonsense! We'll drop you off."

"What?" Brielle asked.

"Oh, that's so kind of you!" Courtney said as she walked to the other side of the van and opened the door, stepping in. "Excuse me." She said slightly pushing Brielle out of the way as she sat next to JJ.

"So what's your name?" JJ asked.

"Courtney." She replied.

"Where'd you get Caitlyn from Brie?" John B asked laughing a little.

"Shut up." Brielle said as she climbed to the passengers seat.

"Ha-ha." John B said. "Anyways, Courtney, where do you live?"

"It's the grey and brown three story house on Booker Street." Courtney replied.

Time Skip

"And here we are." John B said but was overlapped by JJ and Courtney's laughing in the back.

"Oh my fucking god." Brielle mumbled, then she turned around and faced the two. "Hey, we're at your house, bye."

"Oh....uh, thanks." Courtney said as she laughed. "Bye, guys."

"Bye." John B mumbled as he looked out his window at the other big houses surrounding them.

"Bye, Court." JJ said.