Part 13 - Coordiates

The group was all in their swimsuits riding along the water in the dock area chatting and enjoying the sun when JJ looked over and looked back at the Pogues quickly. "You guys see that?" JJ asked motioning his head at the boat driving near them then whistled. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the worlds best wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200K. Easy."

"Damn." Brielle said as she looked over.

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope said shaking his head.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kiara said.

"Hey, Brielle." Sarah said as they passed.

"Hey." Brielle replied waving slightly. Then Sarah looked at the rest of the Pogues and gave them a quick glare before looking away.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kiara said. "And what was that? Are you friends with her now?"

"She took me in the night of the hurricane. I can't be a bitch to her." Brielle defended.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Kiara said.

"Don't be upset, Kie. You're still by best friend." Brielle smiled, making Kiara shake her head and chuckle.

"Here." Pope said and handed both Kiara and Brielle a beer.

"Thanks, Pope." Kiara said smiling, and Pope smiled back at her warmly before walking away to JJ.

"What was that?" Brielle whispered.

"What do you mean?" Kiara whispered back confused.

"Really? The confused excuse?" Brielle said.

"Shut up." Kiara said and took a sip of her beer making Brielle chuckle.

Time Skip

"All right, keep a look out." JJ said as they pulled up to the building. "We're behind enemy lines."

"No, come on man. Just put it back." John B sighed as JJ pulled out his pistol.

"What?"

"JJ."

"You can never be too careful."

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope said leaning against the passenger door looking at JJ.

"Thank you Pope." John B replied.

"I swear to god, I'm gonna throw that damn thing in the ocean, JJ. Put it back." Brielle said.

"I'll help." Kiara replied, then Brielle hopped out of the van, and John B grabbed the gun by the front and put it away.

"There you go, future problem fixed." Pope said.

"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ said getting out of the car. "Can't forget my badge. Professional busboy."

"So, where are we going now?" Pope asked as they walked up to the hotel.

"We're getting on the internet because only rich people have internet right now." Brielle said.

"Exactly, this way!" JJ exclaimed in a funny accent.

The Pogues walked into the hotels kitchen where people were chattering as they cooked foods and made dishes. "Andrew!" JJ exclaimed as they walked through. "What's up, bro?"

"Sup, man?" Andrew replied.

"Mama L, good to see you!" JJ said as he grabbed a piece of food from the older woman's dish.

"Hey, no!" L exclaimed as she slapped JJs hand away with a wooden spoon.

"See, they have the backup generators going? Looks don't miss a beat." JJ said as they walked out of the kitchen into a fancy hallway.

"In here, right?" Brielle asked as she pointed to a door.

"Yeah." JJ said and opened it.

"Sweet lord, the internet!" Pope exclaimed as he ran to a computer. "I've missed you."

"Let me in there." Brielle said. "Gotta check out my Venmo."

"Brie, you don't have time to see if any of the men you met at the bar sent you money." Kiara sighed.

"Why not?"

"Hey, hey, hey!" John B said then took out the map and gave it to Pope. "Here."

"Coordinates, please?" Pope said as he typed into the computer. "34° 57' 30" north. 75° 55' 42" west." He mumbled to himself as he typed in the coordinates and clicked 'Enter'.

"Boom, continental shelf right there." John B said as the computer showed the location.

"Well, it's off the deep end, it's not gonna be much of a treasure hunt, is it?" Pope said then started zooming in. "Come on."

"Guys." Brielle said looking at the door.

"What?" JJ said and looked at the door too.

"I hear footsteps and people getting closer." Brielle said.

"Just wait, they may not be coming in." JJ said.

"Shit, it's on the high side. It's only 900 feet." John B said, making Pope give him a 'Are you stupid?' look.

"That's not too deep." JJ said.

"Is that doable or something?" Kiara asked.

"Yeah, totally doable." JJ replied.

"Uh, yeah. Okay, will we be taking your personal submarine?" Brielle asked sarcastically. "How do you know this, Mr. Dive Master?"

"The salvage yard. They got a drone that can drop 1,000. It has a 360 camera and everything." JJ said. "It's for, like, deep dives and stuff. It's exactly what we need."

"Can your dad get his grimy little hands on that?" John B asked.

"Well, my dads grimy little hands got his ass fired. I guess the salvage captain frowns on showing up shitfaced, turns out." JJ replied. "But the drones there. It's in the impound yard out back."

"How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kiara asked.

"500 million."
"500 mil."

Pope instantly got up and walked to the door quickly, making the others look at him then each other confused. "Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No!" He said as he shielded the door blocking Brielle and Kiara.

"Move."
"Pope, move!"

"Guys, that's too-"

"Come on!" Brielle exclaimed as she pushed him out of the way walking out, as the others followed.

"Can't we do anything legal for money?" Pope groaned.