Chapter Nine

Newt's POV

Astrid had been in a coma for the past month. We got a new greenie, it's a girl, her name is Teresa. She's been hitting on me since she first saw me. Astrid would beat her ass if she was awake. Luckily, Clint said that she should be waking soon. The creators had sent crutches up for her as soon as it happened. Astrid's skin had gotten as pale as a piece of paper and her hair was matted and oily. His lips were dry, no matter how much water and food we gave her. We couldn't tell if she was gonna survive. And then it happened.

Teresa walked in and rubbed my shoulder. "You know, she's long gone. I'm still here for you." She spoke. She grabbed my shoulders and forced her lips on mine. 

Astrid's POV

I've been in this black room, I've been walking towards this small light forever. I've heard Newt, Minho, Thomas, Chuck, and even Gally and Alby. They've been talking to me, asking me to wake up. Something was happening where they were. Was I knocked out? Was I asleep? Was I in a comatose state? I had no clue. Then I heard a girl speaking to Newt.

"You know, she's long gone. I'm still here for you." The voice spoke.

The place went silent, so if this wasn't my mind messing with me, the girl was kissing him. I started running towards the small light, it was getting bigger and bigger. I was close to it, a few feet away. The light went away and revealed the Glade, everyone was doing their job, but I knew that wasn't what was happening where I was. I put my hand on the glass-like screen. The wall-like thing went away and I fell forward, into a black pit. My leg was in pain, my head throbbed. I screamed, a light at the bottom. I fell through the light and I was laying in a bed, my eyes were still closed. I heard something on my right and knew the girl was doing something.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and raised my leg in the air, kicking the girl straight in the jaw. I grabbed her by her hair and hit her head hard on my knee.

"Fuck off, asshole. Don't ever kiss my man, ever again, you understand?" I spoke to the girl.

I felt a strong pain in the leg I kicked her with and looked down. There was a huge rock-hard cast on it.

"Oh, what's that for?" I asked Newt, looking up at him.

His face was covered in shock and he ran outside, away from me. I followed him, hopping on the stable foot, keeping the cast off the ground. I saw him running towards the kitchens where everyone else was.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? WILL SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I HAVE A FUCKING CAST ON MY LEG?!" I screamed out, catching everyone's attention before Newt did.

Minho stood up from the table he was at and ran over to me, embracing me in a hug. Newt walked over, his cute limp making him take longer. He got over to me and I saw the tears in his eyes. I hopped over to him, still staying off the leg with a cast. I wrapped my arms around him before smelling myself and throwing up to the side.

"I smell like shit." I managed to speak.

Minho laughed and helped me back into the med-jacks.

"Here are your crutch thingys. They'll help you get around. Your leg got stuck between the maze doors at the last second and was crushed. You were in a coma for a month, the greenie we got is named Teresa, she's the only other girl now. She's been hitting on Newt like crazy, so I don't know where she is right now."

"Right there." I spoke, interrupting Minho and pointing at her unconscious body laying on the ground.

"What the shuck happened to her?" He asked me.

"I woke up and she was kissing Newt, so I kicked her with the cast and hit her head on my knee. She probably has a concussion, but that's okay, she kissed Newt."