Chapter 2

Barry's pov:

I got to S.T.A.R. labs and searched everywhere for Iris but couldn't find her. I decided to train in the speed lab for a while until Caitlin came walking in.

"Hey Barry, can I talk to you for a minute." She said with a worried look.

"Yeah what's up?" I said speeding next to her.

"It is about Iris." She said.

"What about Iris?" I asked intrigued.

"She..." She started to say but I could tell it was hard for her.

"Caitlin spit it out." I said.

"She didn't want you back." She said in a sorrowful tone.

"Barry, I am sorry." She said starting to leave.

"No Cait it is ok you told me the truth when no one else would." I told her before the meta alarm went off. I rushed cait and I back to the cortex to see what the problem was.

"Cisco what is it?" I asked.

"It's Hartley again." He said and I instantly sped to the crime scene.

"Hello Barry." He said in his usual spiteful tone.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want to make you suffer." He said and we were locked in combat.

"Where have you been the past six months Flash? Hanging out with your mommy and daddy." Hartley said while I just stood there in shock.

"Uh Flash." He started to approach me. I couldn't take it and I fell on my knees crashing into the pavement crying.

"Yo Flash what's up?" He asked, sounding almost sincere.

"They're dead. THEY'RE BOTH DEAD." I yelled. The next thing he did though took me by surprise. I thought that he was going to use this to his advantage but instead he just knelt in front of me and started to speak.

"I am sorry Barry I didn't know. If you don't mind me asking how did they die?" He asked and so I flashed us both to the speed lab and explained everything to him. I told him about Thawne, Zoom, Flashpoint, and even Savitar.

"Hey I am sorry for what I did. If it is ok with you I would like to help out around here and change my ways." He said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Because I never knew a hero could suffer so much and still be a hero." He said and I simply nodded. Right then Iris came into the room and this was my chance. Hartley could sense the tension and so he left but before he did he whispered in my ear " I am sorry" And left.