Who's Prava?

Prava woke up to the sound of people talking. She was lying under a tree. For a moment, she couldn't remember where she was. Then she remembered she was in Kolkata.

You may wonder who Prava was. Prava was a village girl with no experience of adulthood. Her family lived in a remote village in Barddhaman, where she lived with her mother Savita, father Naresh, grandfather Alok, and grandmother Tara Sundari.

Grandfather Alok came to Kolkata shortly after independence. From the rice business, he made a lot of money. But of course, he was not a perfect nobleman and improvidently spent all that money gambling. So Alok's father had to take care of his living. As a result, Alok and Tara Sundari were left with little money after Prava's great grandfather passed away. 

They sold all the property they owned, except an acre of land where they had a farm previously, and they started to lead a simple life there. Their little baby boy Naresh (Prava's father) was supposed to bring them out of poverty when he grew up, but in an accident, he lost his left leg when he was 12 years old. He was 28 when Prava was born. Everything was going on well. The land in front of their mud hut was fertile enough to produce as much food as they needed to sell in the market and earn a living. 

One day, a car pulled up in front of their fenced garden. A Babu descended from it. Alok was out there in the field. After looking at the man for a moment, he was blanched and entered the room with a strange expression on his face. Tara Sundari called out, "God, please rescue us!"
Naresh, Savita and Prava were in a state of confusion.

Who was this stranger?

What was this wealthy-looking stranger doing in a simple farmer's house?