Lost!!

The bus stopped and Maya cried, "Here is the bus that goes to Gariahat. Come, I will accompany you." Prava followed her up the stairs. This time, they had to stand holding the bus handles. 

Prava was okay with that. She was smiling as she thought about how easily she had found her uncle. Maya initiated little conversations now and then, but Prava did not want to talk much. Whenever her uncle or aunt was mentioned, she spoke. Looking around, she noticed various things. There were many people on the bus, she thought, 'Kolkata people'. Men were dressed in suits, pajamas and women in dresses, churidars, and saris. 

She didn't know how the time passed. Standing beside the door and listening to Maya's talk, she heard the conductor shout, "Gariahat Gariahat!". Her hand nudged Maya. "Isn't this place our destination?" Maya nodded.

Prava thought, "Oh, it's so crowded. Maya was right."
 In the door's direction, she walked. Lost in her thoughts, she climbed down and waited for Maya to come down. When she looked around a few minutes later, she could see no one she knew. As Prava nervously looked around for Maya, he said, "Oh my god! Where is she?". 

"I'm lost!"
she remembered Tara's warning, "Be careful, people can do bad things with a nervous girl wandering alone." Prava felt weak and sat under a shed of a shop. A short while later, she dozed off. 

In the first chapter, we read what happened next. 

Prava woke up to the sound of people talking. She found herself lying under a tree. For a moment, she couldn't remember where she was. Then she remembered that she was in Kolkata.

To know what will happen next, keep reading!