It happens in real too...

She cried out to the woman with whom she had been talking on the train, "Sealdah station is too crowded!"
Her name was Maya. In response, Maya said, "You have to deal with this crowd! Every place in Kolkata is so packed!"

Laughing, Prava exclaimed, "I'll try!"

Maya felt sad for her. Her age was more than twice hers. A girl so young coming to Kolkata for studies and to earn money was hard to believe. Maya had never experienced poverty and did not know how to deal with it. Initially, Maya was surprised that Prava had such mental strength. But she had to accept the truth, that a poor girl with the desire to study further should gain this much self-confidence.

Prava thought, "She took care of me on the train, but there's still a lot to do. I have to find Mother's cousin's house. Ah! Let's ask Maya kakima (aunt) about them!"
The friendliness between Maya and Prava led Prava to call her Kakima.
She asked, "Please, Kakima, listen to me once. You said you live in Ballygunge. I just realized Gariahat and Ballygunge are adjacent! How could I have forgotten! I am going to stay with my uncle in Gariahat. I also have his address. Can you just..."

smiling, Maya asked, "You didn't say your uncle's house is in Gariahat. By the way, what is his name?"

Preva responded, "Hridoy Jana. My aunty's name is Sree Jana. And ..."

"Now, do you know what I discovered just now? I know your aunty! She is my housekeeper! She told me yesterday she was expecting a guest. She is a very good friend of mine, too." Maya exclaimed.

Prava's mother was from a poor family. Prava's paternal family was not as poor, and they once had an aristocratic name. She didn't know that her aunt worked as a housekeeper. She wasn't sure how to respond. Then she recalled, housework had become her mother's new occupation as well. It is not disrespectful either. No work is less valuable or worthy of respect than another. Prava has been taught this way both at school and at home.

Maya was waiting for her reply.

Prava's smile spread across her face as she said, "Oh, that's great! Please, will you come with me? This is a wonderful surprise for me. I thought this was only possible in stories!"

Maya smiled and held her hand.

Prava would not allow Maya to hold her hand forever.
She would earn her living independently once she gets to Uncle's house.
Maya didn't want to hear such things from her. What is your opinion?