goodbye!

"The problem is," Naresh continued, "we don't know where they live or their contact address. How can we send our Prava there?"

Prava couldn't let her dream melt away so easily! She cried, "I am enough grown-up now, Father!" 

Savita interrupted, "here, take the address. I knew I have written the address somewhere." Prava smiled, "That's all settled then!"

****

It's the day! Prava could now go to the city, Mahanagar aka Kolkata to study further! It would fulfil her dream! But as she could see, it would not be a simple journey. First, she would have to travel by train all alone, which she had never done before. Second, it's difficult for a teenage girl to search for an unknown house in an unknown city, again, all alone. Trouble can come, danger can come, and much more things can happen, she thought. Third, she had with her very little money and less amount of food. "Well," she sighed, "I hope to earn some money after going there."

She seemed to be a very optimistic girl, right? Or else, who would dare to go to a big city all alone? And her imaginations! Oh my god, Everyone thought only that helped her to imagine she would get a seat in the college.

Oh, speaking about college, Prava would be very pleased to announce something to you! 

"Yeah, how could I forget? The headmistress of my school, whom I call Bardidi loves me very much, and as I scored high in the HS, she wrote a letter to a professor of the history dept. of Jadavpur University, that indicates the poor condition of my family, and how I love studying. While writing it, she said that the professor should give me a seat in the college for less money! It seems that they know each other."

The train left the little village platform for Bardhhaman Junction. Everyone was dabbing their eyes with dirty, soiled hands. Everyone was a hard worker in the village. Prava loved everyone, and so did everybody else. They would miss each other.

She would catch the train going to Kolkata from Bardhhaman Junction.

Let her catch all those trains and everything, we will meet her again and read about her memorable train journey, that made the greatest change in her environment and her life.

That made her see how welcoming a city life might be, and how hard it might be.

Make sure to vote it and comment! And keep reading, of course! ;)