April the 5th. 2000: The first bout.

"So. Mr Grayham! How are we today?" I hid my body and face under the hospital blankets of the bed i was in. "Awh! Hello little guy!" The dr that we saw last time said. "How you feeling?" I wimpered like a lost pup without its mother. "Awh bless him!" He turned to my father. "Has he got a favourite teddy or anything?"

"He has a cd?" The dr nodded.

"Culture Club.... Nice taste young man!" I poked my head out and cracked a smile. "Lets put this on... I'll even sit in here with you if you wish is that ok Mr Grayham?" My father nodded. The dr put on my Cd and I instantly relaxed. "You ready?" I shook my head as my father walked out. "Hey... come here." I moved closer to him. "Your dad looks a bit stupid dont he... Look at his top with them pants... He has no fashion sense! but look at you! All the Boy Georginess going on about you! You've got amazing Fashion sense!"

"Thank you sir..." I replied shyly.

"Call me Ashleia. Or Ash." The man smiled sweetly. "If it helps, I have been through chemo. Ok its draining but if I can do it.... so can you. let me at least put the things on and then I will give you a lolly." I smiled and nodded. He took off my shirt and put something on my chest. "Just think you're Boy George. You are on that stage singin this song while in costume and hair and that awesome makeup of yours on." The song was Karma Chameleon. It distracted me while Ashleia did what he needed to do. about 2 minutes later he was done. "And there we are." He smiled at me and hugged me. "You're a star. Ok. I'm going to start the treatment, if you have anything you wish to do, just say."

I squeeled as the machine started. "what was that?" I instantly grabbed the blanket.

"Its fine. Its just starting up." He sat down and held my hand. "You're gonna be fine." I hugged his arm for safety. "Want to play something?" He asked me with his american accent. "We could always play monopoly, Cluedo... we have a load here."

"Anything." I replied.

Two Hours Later...

"And you, Boy Reid, are done for today with this horrible thing." I smiled. "Well. Lets go see if we can find your dad. Or do you want to stay here with your amazing music taste?"

"What ever you think, Ash." I mumbled.

"Stay here, when you get up you may feel a bit Woozy but just sit down again. even if it is on the floor. infact. have a little nap while i go find him." He said as he took all of the things off of me and put them away. "Ill be back. Sleep well Boy Reid."

"Ok, Ash..." I snuggled down on the bed as Ash left. "Hes so sweet! No no no! Reid! You're SIX. not 31..." I said to myself. I slowly fell asleep as my head went into a range of dreams...

An Hour Later

I woke up to the sound of talking outside my room, I got up and walked to the door very slowly, intrigued by the conversation. "I dont know what I'm gonna do.... I cant find his dad." My heart suddenly dropped with sadness. "Luci may say no, but all I can do is phone up and try, but I cant take him home." I heard Ash say with sadness in his voice.

"You can, Ash, this is one of those rare occasions where it happens. how long is the treatment?" Another male voice said.

"Seven weeks... aka 49 days... aka 2 months." Ash said. "I'll talk to Luci." I quickly jumped back into bed and pretended to be asleep. I heard him pull out a phone and dial a number. "Hello honey! Is mommy there?" A few seconds later his accent went down. "Babe... Can I bring a little boy home? I cant find his father... hes just gone through chemo and he cant stay here... Hes awesome and really doesnt say much. Please babe?" There is a pause with him for a few seconds. "Ok... I'll bring him over. He has clothing but he does dress differently just tell them not to be mean. Thanks babe."

I heard the door open. "Have you found him?" I asked.

"No..." I started to cry. "Awh! come here!" Ash hugged me. "Dont ruin that beautiful makeup of yours. I just spoke to my wife... She said you could come stay with us for a while. How does that sound?"

"I dont wish to be any trouble though Ash..." I said.

"You wont be Boy Reid. You wont be. I'm sure you will fit right in."

Outside

"How long will it take to get to yours?" I asked ash with my 80s duffle bag in my hands. I had readjusted my makeup so it looked better.

"Not long at all!" He scanned his sweet, adorable, loving, brown puppy dog eyes round the parking lot. "Aha! I always loose it!"

"How? thats a Chevy Impala 77! Thats BABY!" I exlaimed.

"Yeah... True." We walked over to the car and got in. "Lets get home. Luci knows you're coming."

"Ok!" Ash started up the car as I sat in the back and did my seatbelt up. Ash made sure I was in and pulled off for the drive to his house, not knowing whats going to happen.