Chapter 1: Wake Up

Chapter 1

Wake Up

The early morning was awoken by the sound of a phone alarm ringing, alerting the young warrior it was time to get up for school. With a groan he opened one eye and looked at the time. Ryu's red and gold eyes shot open as he yelled and rushed to get out of bed. He was going to be late for the first day at Armaments Hall. He jumped out of bed and went to take a quick shower to fix his spiky red and black hair and brush his teeth. He dried himself quickly as he put his clothes on, wearing black jeans, a red t-shirt with designs on it, a black zip-up hoodie with red trim, rolling his sleeves up, running shoes, and his dragon ninja star pendant. He grabbed his headphones and phone and raced through the temple. "Later, Masters!" Ryu yelled, waving goodbye to his family as he ran out the door putting his phone in his pocket, blasting music through his headphones. Ryu leaped off the side of the mountain the temple was built on, free-falling through the air breaking the sound barrier aiming for the school. He grinned as he flipped through the air raising his right fist, he then slammed his fist against the ground as he landed, sending shockwaves of fire and pressure in all directions. Luckily the damage was contained by the barrier protecting the school. "Did he just fall from the sky onto the Heli-Train landing pad?!" a teachers asked in awe. Ryu looked up, eyes glowing intensely as he rose grinning, walking away from the Heli-Trains landing pad. "Well that was fun" Ryu said smiling, walking towards the other landing pads. A Heli-Train landed softly letting out 30 teenages to exit the transportation vehicle and walk to the orientation. A teenager a year older than Ryu came out of the bus, wearing a dark brown suit of armor that covered every inch of him, large brown gloves, and a large orange and brown shield strapped on his back. His green and brown eyes focused on his long time friend, as he walked over to him.

"Was that you that went skydiving to school?" Vale asked

"Yeah, to be fair it is faster than riding the Heli-Train" Ryu responded grinning

Vale laughed "You're enjoying yourself way too early, the day hasn't even begun yet and you already made enemies with a few teachers"

"Dude, its combat school, I think I can handle the one thing I'm good at" Ryu laughed

"Pissing teachers off? Getting in trouble? Constantly breaking the rules? Lighting stuff on fire for no reason?" Vale questioned with humor

Ryu sighed "Well besides that, fighting, fighting is pretty much the only thing I'm good at"

"Theres more to combat school than just 'attack that thing' we have to be good tacticians and show our abilities as warriors" Vale stated

"Yeah, sure. You have fun with that while I go attack stuff" Ryu said scrolling through his songs

"Let's just get to orientation and figure out what to do" Vale said walking with Ryu towards the orientation hall.

"Its just going to be a boring 10 minutes of 'welcome to our school, don't break the rules, be nice to each other, and do well in classes' which is probably the most the headmaster is going to say" Ryu stated listening to music

"Believe it or not, some students enjoy learning things Ryu" Vale stated while laughing at Ryu

"Uh huh, well lets just go and see what happens" Ryu said walking next to Vale. Almost entirely unaware of a blue haired girl watching them and walking towards the orientation as well.