Staying Home

Fair warning, this is like super short.

I woke up to the sound of my phone going off. I reached over and grabbed it off of its charger. I turned off the alarm and checked the time. 9:30am
I set my phone back down and rolled out of bed.

"Chris, wake up." I said, gently shaking him.

"Mmph what?" He groaned, sitting up slowly and stretching.

"You've gotta get ready, you have to be at the studio in an hour."

"Why?" He asked, rubbing his tired eyes.

"You have a meeting with the band and some other stuff. Do you not remember?"

"I do remember... I just don't wanna go." Chris said, kind of sassily, and laid back down.

"Chris you have to, you told the guys you'd be there." He didn't answer me.

"Ugh, get up!"

"No." He said quietly.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to go. Please just, drop it." He sighed.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked softly, laying down beside him. He didn't answer me again.

He was laying on his right side, his back was facing me. I propped myself up on my elbow as I used my other hand to trace shapes on his bare shoulder. His semi-short hair was disheveled and sticking out every which way.

"Chris, I asked a question."

"What?" He mumbled.

"Are you okay?" I asked again. Instead of saying anything, he just shrugged.

"Hey, look at me."

He hesitated but he rolled over on his other side and looked at me with his tired eyes. He pulled the covers up to his neck so the only thing visible was his head.

"What's going on honey?" I asked him as I stroked his cheek with my free hand.

"I don't know. I just don't wanna go today."

"Are you sick or something?" I felt his forehead with the back of my hand.

"No, I'm not sick."

"Then what's going on?"

"I just don't wanna go. I'm tired. I just wanna stay home today. Please?" He begged.

"What about your meeting with the guys?"

"I'll reschedule it, it can wait."

"Fine, but if you get in trouble for this, don't come crying to me about it."

"I mean, if I come crying to you about anything I know you'll be there for me." He said, flashing a tired smile.

"Yeah yeah." I rolled my eyes.

"Will you stay with me?" Chris asked.

"I don't know, I'll think about it."

"Please?" 

"I have some errands to run." I told him.

"They can wait, can't they?"

"Chris-"

"Pleaaase?" He begged, giving me sad puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh fine, but only because I love you."

"I'm a lucky man." He grinned.

"That, you are."

"Come here." He said, holding his arms out for me. I shifted closer to him and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into his chest.

"I love you." He mumbled.

"I love you too." I sighed, knowing this man could make me give in to just about anything.

———————————————————

Hey guys. Ew, so this ones like really short, and I don't really like how it turned out but I hope you all like it. Hopefully it'll hold you all over until I can get the others posted.

-M.H. ♥️