The Tour

“Okay, so over here you have the miners, where the ores and what not come from. They then go into a smelter, to make them into ingots. After that, they are moved into a container for transport. All we really do is keep up the maintenance of the machines, as well as transporting the final result to whichever group does the processing and stuff,” said the GM. We continued walking through, past the machines, which were quite loud, and towards the next section of the cavern. “You know, I'm surprised all of this is in this cavern. I wonder how long it took to excavate,” I questioned. Evergreen shrugged his shoulders. “Yeah, I was too when I was new here. That was so long ago…” He trailed off. “Anyways, we are almost at the next section, which in my opinion, is the best section in this entire facility,” answered the GM. This place seems alright. Not as bad as they made it seem in television or books or something. But, something felt off. Maybe it was the way people were acting, or how the GM came barging into the office, something tells me that there is a big thing about to happen. I just can’t figure out what.

We arrived at the next section a few minutes later. “Ah, here we are, my favorite section,” he said sarcastically. “This is the transportation section, or as I like to call it, the lazy people section. I don’t remember exactly what qualifies someone to get here, but all I know is that it’s a bunch of bullcrap. All you do here is push a button, and wah la, the items get transported over to the dedicated group. See, I remember back in my day we used to…” He continued. I looked away and towards Evergreen, who seemed to be enjoying the little history lesson. “Hey Evergreen, do you not find this boring?” I asked. “No, why?” he questioned. “Well I do. We should go exploring ourselves, and see what we can find,” I said enthusiastically. “Hmm, I don’t know, that seems a little risky. I don’t want another ‘You falling into a hole’ incident,” he said, concerned. “Fair point, but what if we stick together and follow the signs, that way, we don’t end up separated,” I suggested. He thought for a moment. “Fine, but only for a little bit,” he said sternly. “Okay, let’s go,” I said.

We made our way through the cavern. “Man, there is nothing interesting out here,” said Evergreen. “Oh come on, have some faith. Surely there HAS to be something out here,” I said. “Come on, let’s just go back and hopefully we won’t get in trob…Hey what’s the door over there?” He said. “What door?” I asked. He pointed to an unmarked door. “Let’s check it out,” I said. We walked over to it. “You ready?” I questioned. “As ready as I’ll ever be,” he said. I grabbed the handle and pulled it open. “And that is trash,” he said. Bags of trash could be seen lying in bins and on the floor. “Wow, what a find,” I said sarcastically. “Where did they run-Oh there they are!” We heard a voice in the distance. We turned around and saw the GM angrily walking towards us. “Uh oh,” we both said. “What in the world were you guys thinking?! Running off like that in a place you’ve never been in? Thank god you didn’t run into any trouble. Mind explaining WHY you ran away?” he said. “Well you see-” Evergreen started. “No, let me explain. It’s my fault Group Master, I suggested we go explore, cause I was bored and wanted to see if we could find something interesting. Then you started going on about ‘Back in my day’ and yada yada,” I answered. “Well, I see. Oh and also, call me Vitrex, I don’t like it when people call me ‘Game Master’, too formal,” he said. I gave him a thumbs up. “Here, follow me. I want to show you guys something.”

==================================================

Sorry for the shorter chapter. Anyways, thank you for reading! Also sorry for the lack of updates from me and the story, will try to be more consistent. But without school, my schedule kinda, goes all funky for awhile. With all that out of the way, I would like to thank everyone for all the support on the story so far. I can't believe how far we've come in only a short amount of time. I really do hope you are enjoying this as much as I am!

Before I go though, I would like to ask y'all a question. Would you guys prefer longer chapters (1500+ words)? These would happen every two weeks most likely (unless i get a better schedule lmao) or would you prefer how it is now? Let me know in the comments! Love y'all!