A Place To Stay

The four of them were going back into the forest. The sun was setting, and it was getting pretty dark. Lana and Hannah were talking about how excited they were to go to Crasa De Vasa. Jack was thinking about how he could get Juliana and Jannet back. Spot wasn't thinking about anything or saying anything.

They all stopped in front of a small house. It was made of logs and had two small circle windows in the front. There were flowers in a little garden. Lana knocked on the door and an elderly woman answered it. She had long gray hair, green eyes, golden glasses, and a lilac dress. "Hello, you two. I see you brought company", the lady said.

Hannah and Lana nodded and stepped out of the way so that the woman could see Jack and Spot. The woman looked at Spot and then at Jack. When she looked at Jack, she smiled wide. "Hello. I'm Maria. It's nice to meet you, Noah. It's also great to see you again Jack." Jack and Spot looked confused. "How do you know our names?", Spot asked.

Maria shrugged and said, "It's a gift of mine. Well, come on in. It's getting late and I wouldn't want the fairies seeing you four." Lana, Hannah, Jack, and Spot all went inside. Maria closed and locked her door. The door had five different locks. The walls were covered in framed photographs and candles that lit up every corner of the room. There is a box TV and a small sofa. The floor had a tan carpet that was very soft.

There was a small chair in front of the TV. Maria had sat down in it. "Take a seat. There's a sofa right over there." The four of them managed to fit themselves on the sofa. "Would you guys like anything to drink? Maybe some tea?" The four of them shook their heads. Maria shrugged and said, "If you say so." "Maria, you said that it was nice to see me again. What do you mean by that? I don't remember ever meeting you", Jack said.

Maria sighed and looked over to Jack. "I used to know your parents, Jack. I knew your mom very well. I saw you when you were just a baby. You could never stay away from me. Sadly, you and your parents moved away to another part of the forest. Then the tragedy happened. I thought you were dead for a long time until Hannah came and told me that she saw you."

Jack looked at Hannah and Hannah nodded her head. "Are you in any way related to me? I mean why else would you care about me so much?" Maria smiled slightly and shook her head. "No, Jack. I am in no way related to you." Jack nodded slowly. "I have two extra rooms if you guys would like to get to sleep now." Hannah and Lana nodded and got up to go look for the rooms.

Jack and Spot stayed on the sofa. "Are you two not tired?" Spot and Jack nodded. "Thank you for letting us stay Maria", Jack said. Maria smiled. "No problem." Jack got up and went to find a room. "Take good care of him Noah", Maria said. Spot nodded his head. He followed Jack and then the two of them found the room.

Jack got on the bed and looked out the window. Spot sat next to him. "We have to leave tomorrow", Spot said. "I can't. I have to find Juliana and Jannet." "We will. Lana and Hannah have their ways of doing things. We'll be able to find them. Don't worry", Spot said. "Spot, do you have any family?" Spot looked at Jack and then out the window.

"I don't know. I might. I can't remember." "Oh. Sorry for bringing it up." "No, it's ok. You were just curious." Spot moved over to the other side of the bed and laid down on his back. Jack kept looking out the window. "I'm gonna go to sleep,'' Spot said. Jack nodded. Spot got out of bed and blew out the candles that lit up the room. He laid down on the bed and fell asleep.

Jack stayed awake and stared out the window. He started to get a bit sleepy, but he couldn't stop looking out the window. He stared at the stars and all the trees and animals. It was a beautiful sight. This is what Jack wanted. This is what he wanted to wake up to every day. A wonderful site and wonderful friends and maybe family.

If only he could find his family. Jack laid down and stared at the ceiling for a while before quickly falling asleep. He had dreams of running through the forest with Juliana, Jannet, Spot, Hannah, Maria, and Lana.